Brief Posting Description
Supports staffing activities for Employee Services including coordinating, processing and monitoring company-wide requests for contingency workers including consultants, contractors, leased workers and other seasonal or temporary staffing needs and developing, maintaining and updating job descriptions companywide. Coordinates and assists with recruiting activities including: college career fairs and campus recruiting; the Rotation Training Program; the Intern program; and internet job boards, social media, and other job vacancy advertising activities. Responsible for bargaining unit vacancy staffing activities including job postings, bidding process, coordinating applicant testing and selection process, for both internal and external job postings, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Salary Grade Level: NB18
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the management and administration of the Contingency worker program enterprise wide including managing requests for consultants, contractors, leased workers and other seasonal or temporary staffing needs. Ensure that managers adhere to the Contingency Worker program and that contingent workers are utilized efficiently and meet company needs across business units. May recommend viable solutions to reduce the use of contingency workers as appropriate.
- Provide support to Employee Services Manager and other business unit managers enterprise wide to develop, maintain and update job descriptions for all positions including management, professional, engineering, clerical, trades and crafts and bargaining unit positions.
- Administer the Intern program including assisting with developing activities and events for summer intern employees.
- Responsible for administration of the Rotation Training program, when applicable, including assisting with administering the rotation training work schedules for trainees.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with high schools, colleges, universities, and technical and trades schools within enterprise four-state territory and coordinate the following activities:
- Attendance by recruiters at college campus seasonal career fairs, which may include recruiting for
- Tri-State's entry-level professional rotation training program, as needed and the summer internship program.
- Coordinate college on-campus interviewing for recruiters, as well as information sessions for students, as required, to increase knowledge about Tri-State, its career opportunities, and to build ongoing relationships.
- Coordinate attendance at high school events in Tri-State's service territory including career fairs and educational events.
- Coordinate the staffing of assigned bargaining unit positions including preparing job postings, bidding process, arranging and scheduling applicant testing, and assisting with the selection and hiring process including background checks and drug testing, for both internal and external job vacancies in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Administer employment advertising contracts with various sources including internet job sites, social media and other electronic advertising sources and newspaper advertising.
- Work with Employee Services support team to successfully achieve objectives and continually enhance the hiring process.
- Utilize the Human Resource Management System (HRMS)/applicant tracking system to create job requisitions, create job offers, process final disposition of vacancies and maintain staffing data for bargaining unit position vacancies. Assist hiring managers/supervisors in the use of the applicant tracking system for bargaining unit vacancies, as needed.
- Ensure that the hiring process is conducted in a defensible manner and in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and appropriate employment laws, rules and regulations. Includes assuring the appropriate process and selection-related documentation is completed and maintained.
- Represent Employee Services and/or Tri-State on various committees and councils as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current laws, practices and trends in all areas of recruiting, labor law and employment law through continuing training and education.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-States culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning: Ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scopes, plan and schedule work; set priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- Time management: the ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Business Partner: strong collaboration/teamwork skills with the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products and HRMS systems.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Organizational Psychology or other related degree, or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge and proven skills in Human Resources areas including, job description development, contingency worker management, recruiting, career fairs, campus recruiting, and internship program.
- Knowledge of all areas of employment law including, but not limited to, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEOC), Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Knowledge of labor laws.
- Basic knowledge of position salary grade classification structures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Three (3) years of progressive related experience in Human Resources in a corporate, business environment with experience in the following areas:
- Job description development and maintenance involving the full range of positions including management, professional, engineering, technical, clerical and trades and crafts.
- Experience with the management of company contingency worker staffing needs.
- Recruiting experience including coordinating career fairs and campus recruiting.
- Willingness to travel to attend recruiting events, and to attend training and education conferences.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience or familiarity with rotation training and intern programs.
- Experience or familiarity with staffing bargaining unit positions including bidding process, seniority, and labor agreement requirements.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR), or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and bend. Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Required to speak and communicate clearly with others.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to read, write, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, develop plans, procedures and goals, present information to others and work under pressure.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to moderate level of noise. Some exposure to weather elements during travel. Majority of duties are performed indoors in an office environment primarily at a desk.
INTERNAL Non-Bargaining How-to Apply
Log into Oracle and click on the iRecruitment Employee Candidate Link. Search for Job and click 'Apply Now' Icon.
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association is a wholesale electric power supplier owned by the 43 electric cooperatives that it serves. Tri-State generates and transmits electricity to its member systems throughout a 200,000 square-mile service territory across Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico and Wyoming.
Serving approximately 1.5 million consumers, Tri-State was founded in 1952 by its member systems to provide a reliable, cost-based supply of electricity. Headquartered in Westminster, Colo., about 1,480 people are employed by Tri-State throughout its four-state service area.
Tri-State's power is generated through a combination of owned baseload and peaking power plants that use coal and natural gas as their primary fuels, supplemented by purchased power, federal hydroelectricity allocations and renewable resource technologies. Tri-State delivers power to its members through a transmission system that includes substation facilities, telecommunications sites and over 5000 miles of high voltage transmission lines.
Interested? Here is how to Apply:
Go to www.tristategt.org/ and click on the 'Careers' Link. Search for Job and click 'Apply Now' Icon. You will be required to register in order to apply.
Tri-State: Join the people behind the power. Tri-State recognizes the value of a highly-engaged and committed workforce and provides an excellent benefits program that includes medical, dental, retirement and life insurance. Please visit our careers site at www.tristategt.org/careers/for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran