The Teacher Associate I assists in the planning, organizing, implementation and delivery of the preschool program (ages 3-5) based on the individual and group’s educational, intellectual, physical, social and emotional potential of the children enrolled utilizing an ecological model that focuses on the child and family. Service modalities include Trauma Informed Care, Conscious Discipline, Motivational Interviewing, utilizing the domains of CLASS (Classroom Assessment Scoring System), Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework, Creative Curriculum, and Teaching Strategies Gold. Job Duties include the responsibility for working alongside the Lead Teacher, Teacher Assistant, and Foster Grandparents in managing the classroom’s physical and educational environment, partnering with families to support whole child development, collaborating with all team members and partners to consistently improve individual, team, and children’s learning outcomes, preparing and maintaining documentation in compliance with federal, state, and agency performance standards, creating a positive classroom climate to benefit the social-emotional and academic development of students and welcomes families. Ability to step into Lead Teacher role during Lead Teacher’s absence. This position requires the ability to speak and write English and Spanish fluently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that the family’s voice is heard, and their ideas play a prominent role in programming.
• Assists in the implementation of high-quality, trauma-informed, large group and individualized lessons that align with Head Start, CLASS, and TSG performance standards.
• Organizes classroom environment to support top ECERS-R and CLASS ratings and creates a welcoming and warm environment for all students and their families.
• Utilizes lessons and studies from the Creative Curriculum and Conscience Discipline to guide children’s education.
• Engages in consistent data gathering, documentation, assessment, and analysis of student’s performance. Plans lessons to support growth in all areas. Maintains a portfolio of children’s growth and assessments using the Teachings Strategies GOLD platform.
• In conjunction with the Lead Teacher, conducts two Home Visits and at least two conferences with families in order to build relationships and helps guardians learn they are always the child’s first teacher.
• Ensures that children with disabilities are identified early and served in an inclusive environment.
• Discusses children’s ongoing development in collaboration with the Education Coordinator, School Nurse, Mental Health and Developmental consultants. Provides thorough documentation when referrals are made for students in need of further evaluation.
• Maintains accurate records of students’ daily and hourly attendance and Meal Counts.
• Aides in the organization and maintenance of the classroom, kitchen, and other school-related materials.
• Creates and maintains a predictable schedule and routine for the classroom, including arriving to work on time and refraining from frequent absences.
• Regularly maintains classrooms sanitization practices in accordance to licensing and best practices.
• Attends orientations, trainings, education programs, staff meetings, community meetings, conferences and workshops as requested and applicable to meet the needs of the position. May provide training and mentorship to team members and community stakeholders regarding best practices in relevant service models and practices.
• Completes a minimum of 15 credit hours of continued education per licensing requirements.
• Assumes the role of the Lead Teacher during absences.
• Performs all duties in a professional manner, adhering to the NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) Code of Ethics, and maintaining confidentiality of all information.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Models core culture attributes of VOACO that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and VOACO’s three critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
• Colorado Early Childhood Licensing requirements
• Head Start Performance Standards
• Teaching Strategies GOLD
• Ensures equitable and inclusive services