Responsible for the promotion and sale of Comcast products and services to include video, high-speed internet, voice and XFINITY Home. The primary focus is on increasing connect volume in assigned territories through sales to former customers to win them back. Develops a foundational knowledge of Comcast's products and services, improves sales skills and learns how to maximize sales through effectively working assigned turf.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Comcast products, promoting and selling offerings to individual customers by knocking every door within assigned territory. Displays familiarity with features, benefits, product differences, pricing and campaigns for video, high-speed internet, voice and XFINITY Home.
- Communicates and develops rapport with customers. Evaluates individual customers' existing and potential product needs and make recommendations. Increases customer understanding of Comcast products and pricing models as well as competitive advantage over other service providers. Evaluates competitive offers and frames response to show the benefits of Comcast.
- Possesses basic knowledge of selling techniques and turf management; shows confidence in selling ability. Creates and executes basic sales plans with minimal assistance.
- Displays basic time management and organizational skills.
- Meets and exceeds sales goals as established by local market. Under minimal supervision, establishes and organizes daily sales activities. Generates business through established and approved methods of lead generation. Implements effective sales closing techniques to ensure product installation goal is achieved.
- Develops and demonstrates record of success in residential canvassing sales environment with emphasis on business to consumer sales.
- Displays thorough understanding of video, high-speed internet, voice services and XFINITY Home.
- Possesses strong communication, organizational, people and customer service skills.
- Establishes strong technical capability (computer knowledge, billing system, databases).
- Must meet the physical requirements of the job including, but not limited to, the ability to walk and/or travel door-to-door for considerable distances in all types of weather conditions.
- Where applicable, obtain and maintain any credentials and/or licenses necessary to sell and/or design alarm systems as required by law.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.