About Our Job
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure, and services.
For more information, please visit the DOTI website.
DOTI's Commitment to Equity:
* DOTI is committed to providing attention and resources to the areas, assets and people of the city with the greatest need. Through equitable contracting, equitable investments, and equitable workforce development.
* DOTI's culture revolves around four key principles: (1) Invest in Our People, (2) Operate with Discipline, (3) Use Data to Drive Decisions, and (4) Deliver Results.
The Division of Transportation Operations is responsible for managing the performance of the transportation infrastructure. Sections within the Division include curbside management, traffic signals, signs and markings, and system operations.
Transportation Operations has two full-time, unlimited Traffic Operations Technician I (TOT I) opportunities.
If you like working outdoors, this is an excellent opportunity. Our team are stewards of safety in a traffic-controlled work zone. This job environment is working with crew members who are punctual and thrive in a team setting. Commitment and being on time at work is essential.
As a Traffic Operations Technician I duties include, but are not limited to:
* Perform work in the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of traffic control signs and pavement markings
* Remove damaged or old signs and signposts, break up concrete bases, prepare and pour concrete, cut metal poles and bases, and install new posts and signs
* Perform various tasks associated with street pavement marking projects, which includes: measure, lay out, stencils, stripe, paint, and maintain lane lines, center lines, crosswalks, turn arrows, stop bars, railroad/light rail crossings, parking stalls, curbs, and other pavement markings. Removes conflicting markings with grinder or road milling equipment
* Operate street striping truck and equipment, which includes: fills tanks with paint and reflective beads, ensures adherence to guidelines and standards governing placement of street markings, calibrate spray guns, and operates gauges and paint pumps, and uses optical pointer to ensure line accuracy
* Operate a variety of equipment used in the installation and maintenance of traffic control markings, to include but not limited to: paint stripers, paint mixers, paint guns, line removers, forklifts, compressors, drill presses, post pounders, post pullers, grinders, and augers
* Operates vehicles and performs pre-trip inspection to ensure proper functioning, log, record, and create daily work reports for management
* Assist in the design, fabrication, and construction of traffic signs and other signs as designated by the unit through the use of computers and other graphics equipment
* Place and remove barricades, cones, and other traffic control and safety devices in and around work areas for construction and maintenance projects in accordance with traffic regulation requirements
* During snow emergencies, performs seasonal street maintenance duties such as snow plowing, salting and sanding, removing snow and ice from sidewalks, steps, seats, ramps, and parking lots, and hauls ice and snow away by truck
About Everything Else
CJ2863 Traffic Operations Technician I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$19.31 - $28.97
Based on experience and education
Dept of Transportation & Infrastructure
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.