Within our Supply Chain team located in Denver - Leprino is seeking an Associate Transportation Analyst ?(or Transportation Analyst based on candidate experience) to move our organization to even larger level of dairy ingredient and nutrition growth! We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it is why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically ranges between $56,000 and $73,000. This position has an annual target bonus of 5%.
* Performs timely and accurate coordination of domestic shipments from LFC facilities with minimal supervision.
* Manages timely and accurate export shipments through U.S. ports and dray operations.
* Resolves issues that could delay or prevent timely execution of an order such as re-establishing routing guides for non-existent lanes, or if carrier of choice cannot perform to the requirements.
* Manage volumes across all US export modes of transportation used by Leprino Foods, to include: full truckload, less than full truckload, intermodal, rail boxcar, port drayage and ocean carriage.
* Actively communicates with carriers and internal customer contacts to ensures accurate and timely delivery of product.
* Collaborates with Corporate Transportation Team for cross training and back-up responsibilities as advised by the Transportation Supervisor.
* Assumes after hours on call duty (nights and weekends) for one week approximately every other month to ensure efficient, uninterrupted customer service.
* Manages costs associated with transportation and governmental compliance issues, involved with each shipment obtaining the lowest possible cost while meeting all established LFC service levels.
* Coordinates the analysis of the annual RFP (request for proposal) process with Ocean Carriers, OTR (over-the-road) carriers as well as NVOCC's (non-vessel operating common carrier) reviewing alternative modes of transportation and balancing the costs versus service provided.
* Ensures carrier insurance compliance.
* Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
You Have At Least (Required Qualifications):
* Have a Bachelor's degree in a Business subject area.
* Proven experience in a supply chain role, preferably transportation or logistics.
* The ability to work a weekly 3/2 (office/home) hybrid schedule.
Leprino Foods celebrates and supports diversity. We believe in equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We know we are better together and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive culture that uses the unique talents, experiences, background, and perspectives of each individual employee.
Offering You In Return:
A chance to be part of a team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries and bonuses, life, medical/dental/vision coverage, voluntary benefits, employee assistance programs, wellness incentives, tuition assistance, vacation, ten paid holidays, sick time, paid parental leave, annual merit increases, as well as the LFC Profit-Sharing & 401(k) plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods' history dates back over 70 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world's largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company." To help us achieve that bold vision, we're looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to almost 5,000 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at https://www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran
Nearest Major Market: Denver