Paladin Consulting is currently hiring a Software Engineerto join our team working onsite at our client's office located in Aurora, CO.
We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title:Software Engineer
Work Location:Aurora, CO
Duration: 12 month contract
Education/Experience Required:Minimum 10 years of Java/ C++ programming experience;Minimum 6 years of SW development experience using object-oriented techniques
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Candidates should have experience with the full software lifecycle including design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance. In addition to working with other software disciplines, our developers are exposed to various technologies including multi-tiered architectures, Camel, Spring, OSGi, and geospatial visualization tools.
- Our program is in the midst of transforming older software development practices into more modern development practices utilizing an agile framework - experience in this area is a plus. We provide robust and easy-to-use tools for reporting status and estimates to your agile team leadership - meaning more time for true problem solving.
- Our small development teams adapt to evolving problem sets, and engineers benefit from a flexible work environment where engineers can migrate between teams to contribute to new domains.
- This Software Engineer is responsible to:
- Develop code in compliance with requirements and defined architecture
- Support discrepancy report (DR) work-off
- Support Test Engineering for integration and test activities and events Participate in Discrepancy Report Review Board (DRRB), as needed
- Occasionally, provide support to operations (remotely and on-site), and Occasionally, provide input to cost estimation efforts for MCRs, ECPs, and proposals.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of Java/ C++ programming experience
- Minimum 6 years of SW development experience using object-oriented techniques
- Experience with mission management/scheduling/flight dynamics, to include:
- Satellite ground systems
- Mission Management systems
- Planning and Scheduling
- Command and Telemetry
- Flight Dynamics models
- Digital Signal Processing (FFTs, modulation/demodulation techniques)
- Current/active TS/SCI SSBI level clearance is required; United States Citizen
- Familiarity with Agile
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, ClearCase or comparable tools
- Experience with requirements and use case analysis
- Experience with scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, etc.)
- Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse
- Knowledge of system integration and system test
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Engineering experience on a government software development contract
- Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program or 18 years' experience in lieu of degree
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.