**User Experience Designer**
The User Experience Team is a small but influential group of UX designers creating financial products for customers around the globe. We provide product design, prototyping, research and facilitation services for S&P Global Market Intelligence desktop and mobile products. The UX team solves abstract problems and makes massive datasets easy to use our customers. We work closely with our product and technical partners throughout the entire lifecycle, from analysis and concept to launch. We strive to create an environment where thoughtful design is a major contributor to the success of S&P Global.
The world of finance is fast-paced and intense. Our users need tools designed to let them to soar-find things quickly and easily; perform their work fluidly, in a way that matches how they think and speak about work; collaborate with others seamlessly. There are enormous opportunities for this role to greatly impact the working life, and business success, of thousands of financial professionals and hundreds of firms, through thoughtful UX research and design.
The user experience designer works with the creative team to produce great designs for native apps and responsive websites. The user experience designer can internalize and extend a digital product's visual language and interactive model for each project, taking into consideration not only how it looks but how it works and will be used.
• Creates visual designs to meet brand and business requirements
• Supports the user experience director or lead in documentation and design of functional user experience through sketches and/or wireframes and building prototypes
• Works with client and technical team to collect and disposition requirements throughout the life of the project
• Design communication and documentation through annotated wireframe creation
• Interactive prototyping
• Usability testing
• Promotes accessibility by incorporating WCAG guidelines into designs
• Appreciates and offers critical feedback. Seeks it out in reviews with customers, peers, stakeholders and research
• Contributes knowledge to our company intranet
• Works well with fellow team members
• Demonstrates dedication to helping S&P Global meet commitments to our customers and stakeholders
• Increases learning in the technology platforms pertaining to current projects/clients
• Additional duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned and/or change at any time with or without notice
Remote and/or S&P Global offices at 55 Water St. New York, NY
Minimal travel may be required and is contingent upon the needs of the company.
• At least 3 years of UX experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Project Management skills - not necessary to be a certified project manager, but someone with a sense of urgency when required, and a head for scheduling and planning.
• Experience conducting usability tests and heuristic studies
• Comfort with one or more UI prototyping tools and flexibility to adopt a new one
• Bachelor's degree with a focus in HCI, Design or a related field
• Financial Technology (FinTech) knowledge or experience
• Skilled using Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
**Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):**
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 - $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
**About S&P Global Market Intelligence:**
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk.
Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.? Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:?EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com?and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster?http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf? describes discrimination protections under federal law.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:? [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ?and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.?
**US Candidates Only:** The EEO is the Law Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf? describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), MRKTNG202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
**Job ID:** 274538
**Posted On:** 2022-06-29
**Location:** New York, New York, United States