SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Vice President, Brand Strategy is responsible for Company’ brands, creative, and external brand partnerships. Company’ brands include iconic brands such as Company Mountain, Park City, Breckenridge, and Whistler Blackcomb.
The ideal candidate is a VP with 12+ years of experience and proven track record as a high potential talent demonstrating drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence. The VP, Brand Strategy role will be located in Broomfield, Colorado, easily accessible from Denver and Boulder.
This leader has a deep understanding of brand positioning and uses this to shape the brand strategies for resorts, Epic Pass, hospitality brand and brand partnerships. This leader should have the ability to set a vision and strategies and then mobilize the organization to achieve that vision. ' This role will be instrumental in supporting the differentiation of all of brands and the emotional connection with guests that drive business results and long term loyalty.
The VP, Brand Strategy has demonstrated skill in partnering with analytics and insights, channel teams, agencies and external strategic alliance brand partners to deliver the best in brand experience. This role will lead a diverse team of professionals and collaborate across Company.
The VP, Brand Strategy will be responsible for the following:
- Drive the vision, strategy, and creative for all resorts, Epic Pass, and hospitality brands.
- Build the content platform that enables Company data-driven Go To Market.
- Create and foster external strategic alliance brand partnerships that support creating an Experience of a Lifetime for our guests.
- Leverage data, insights, and best practices across the enterprise.
This leader will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be a member of the CMO’s senior leadership team. The Vice President will lead a team of over 45.
- Attract and develop top talent.
- Leverage guest data and insights to inform brand positioning and creative for all resorts, hospitality brands, and Epic Pass.
- Ensure resort brand guidelines to enable consistent execution across all guests touchpoints - including at each resort through signature experiences, special events, partnerships, signage, and staff interactions with guests.
- Assets for advertising, eCommerce, CRM, all digital platforms, promotions, collateral, and all other brand communication platforms.
- Measure and test effectiveness.
- Hire and direct creative agency partners, contractors, content-producing networks, and other key vendors to deliver creative assets and hold them accountable to delivery timelines and budgets.
- Create new external Strategic Alliances partnerships that align with our Mission..
- Rigorous management of the Budgets with rigorous discipline related to forecasts.
- Serve as a leader on the CMO’s Leadership Team, working closely with other leaders to achieve priorities for Company’ strategic growth priorities.
Desired Leadership Competencies:
- Create innovative marketing strategies; get out-front of the competition and trends; rethink the status-quo, be innovative, and employ a data-driven analytical business approach.
- Build powerful relationships with multiple partners in: the broader Company Marketing, Sales & Communications division, as well as resort operations, Hospitality, finance, and other divisions, to achieve revenue and business goals.
- Be out front of the trends, anticipate guest needs and motivations, business and industry dynamics, and create contingency plans for the business.
- Consistently be striving to growth and develop yourself as a leader. Be focused on unlocking the potential of your talent.
- Demonstrate a passion for our brands, our product, the guest experience, our culture, mission and vision. Be committed to providing an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees.
- Build strong collaboration and alignment across functions and resorts.
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field required.
- 12+ years of proven brand marketing experience.
- Minimum 7+ years of leading and developing a Talent.