About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has built nearly 650,000 quality homes in our more than 60-year history. Today, KB Home operates in 45 markets from coast to coast. What sets KB Home apart is the exceptional personalization we offer our homebuyers from those buying their first home to experienced buyers allowing them to make their home uniquely their own, at a price that fits their budget. As the leader in energy-efficient homebuilding, KB Home was the first builder to make every home it builds ENERGY STAR® certified, a standard of energy performance achieved by fewer than 10% of new homes in America, and has built more ENERGY STAR certified homes than any other builder. An energy-efficient KB home helps lower the cost of ownership and is designed to be healthier, more comfortable and better for the environment than new homes without certification. We build strong, personal relationships with our customers so they have a real partner in the homebuying process. As a result, we have the distinction of being the #1 customer-ranked national homebuilder in third-party buyer satisfaction surveys. Learn more about how we build homes built on relationships by visiting kbhome.com.
The Vice President of Division Finance has ultimate responsibility for the creation of divisional business plans, budgets, forecasting and quarterly updates, as well as overseeing the accuracy of the accounting and internal financial reporting. The position must ensure financial integrity of the division in all aspects of reporting and the adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company accounting policies, preparation of annual business plans, and safeguarding of assets. The VP of Finance also oversees the purchasing contracts administration function of the division. The position works closely with the Corporate Controller to ensure the accurate preparation of the division financial reports and to measure the financial performance of the division.
The VP of Finance is responsible for communicating significant accounting issues to the executive leadership in KB Homes Regional Accounting Center located in Phoenix. The VP of Finance is a key member of the divisional executive management team, with specific responsibilities that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as a right hand advisor to the local Division President to support decision-making and improve division performance. Identifies significant new profit opportunities within the existing business or which could be generated by expansion into new business areas.
- Assures maximization of long term divisional growth, profits and return on capital. Develops and implements initiatives such as cost containment to improve profitability. Participates / leads formulation and execution of strategies leading to achievement and/or maintenance of low cost producer status in its marketplace.
- Creates and facilitates the execution of action plans to achieve specific results when necessary. Participates in the formulation of key business strategies and partners with the Division President to ensure execution of strategies. Partners with other disciplines to develop and implement best practices to achieve the divisions goals. Continually identifies and pro-actively manages execution failings. *Informs Division President and Corporate Management of material changes in annual business plan, quarterly updates and flashes on a timely basis. Recommends enhancements to internal reports to better support managements needs.
- Ensures that the KB Home business model is being carried out at Division and that only KB Home operating systems are being used and relied on to run the business.
- Identifies cost savings and other profit enhancing strategies for the division through leveraging off of experience of other divisions within the region. Periodically reviews division's costs and expenses and provides suggestions to ensure the lowest possible cost per unit is achieved.
- Actively participates in the land acquisition process and understands the divisions land pipeline. Makes sure this pipeline supports high growth and market dominance with minimal risk to the Divisions budget.
- Demonstrated success in the homebuilding industry as an executive in finance or accounting.
- Current CPA license or qualified and willing to obtain licensure
- Public accounting experience.
- Progressive levels of management responsibility within publicly traded organizations.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Base Salary: the expected base salary range for this position is up to $165,000 per year depending on experience, paid semi-monthly.
- Bonus: this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus
- Benefits: employee benefits available for this position include health care (medical, dental and vision) benefits, a 401(k) employee savings plan with Company match, vacation pay, paid sick days, and a monthly mobile phone stipend
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.