The company is looking for a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals! The General Manager runs the day-to-day operations of the Fitness & Healthy Living Group, leading the staff that supports the company brands.
This is a leadership position focused on vision, long-term strategies, revenue development, new partnerships, and cross-functional team collaboration with other company brands, marketing, product development and supporting functions. In addition, day-to-day management of departmental directors, translating high level strategy into execution, and methodically improving KPI’s and internal processes.
Overall objective is to make sustainable and values-based decisions that will increase market share and sales in order to deliver revenue targets, while building audience engagement through network and vertical membership growth.
How You Will Make A Difference:
- Provide leadership to a large and diverse staff across various departments.
- Oversee all aspects of the brands, develop strategy and budgets, and plan to achieve revenue targets.
- P&L and forecast management across the collection of brands.
- Work to generate revenue and diversify revenue across the portfolio.
- Responsible for delivery against the annual business plan.
- Responsible for the delivery of identified new business revenue targets
- Works collaboratively with other departments to establish and carry out responsibilities.
- Foster strong relationships and communication built on trust with client across all business units, platforms and internal departments
- Managerial finance: financial statement analysis and P&L management
- Develop and maintain business operational systems and processes in a fast-growth environment
- Audience Development, Marketing, and Research to support subscription and digital traffic growth
- Sales management of endemic sales team
- Establishing business terms, contract review and feedback on relationships that will drive the business forward.
- Team management across editorial, marketing and sales teams for the brands
What You Bring
- B.A. in Business or related field, MBA preferred
- Strong understanding of media
- 15+ years’ experience
- “Outside the box" approaches to problem solving
- Creative/strategic thinking skills, with experience in brainstorming strategic marketing programs
- Excellent communication and organization skills for leading large teams
- Driven to improve current standard operating procedures
- Proven ability to project manage
- Proactive, self-starter
- + Fearless in approach
- + Risk taker
- + Intellectually Curious
- Adaptable personality
- + Inspiring, infectious and dynamic in-room presence
- + Leader of people
- + Ability to travel
- Be accountable - walk the talk, lead by example, create goals and stick to them.
- Should have experience in the health, wellness and mindfulness industries.
- Lives a healthy and active lifestyle.