The Vice President, North America Marketing is a key strategic leader at the company and an important business partner across the CMO staff, Sales and Marketing executive teams, and Cloud and Core Business Units. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented, performance-drive expert that will lead the Americas Marketing organization with modern marketing strategies to bring our Cloud and Core offerings to life for our customers and prospects. The position is directly responsible for driving business growth and turning business potential into realized value and revenue.
The Vice President, North America Marketing will understand the company’s customer and go to market landscape to execute innovative marketing plans, establish and deliver on objectives, optimize team operations, and build collaborative relationships with Sales management in the US and Canada.
The position will lead and develop an established team of experts who excel in account-based marketing (ABM), strategy, and execution of campaigns across areas, accounts, and verticals to deliver bigger deals faster in more accounts. This leader will optimize marketing-influenced audience engagement, marketing-sourced demand generation, and marketing-assisted, low-funnel activities.
• Align North America Marketing strategy, tactics, and operations with broader Marketing strategy, with an emphasis on account-based marketing & verticals marketing.
• Build and nurture strong relationships with North America Sales leadership to ensure alignment between Marketing and Sales and to ensure that customer and prospect needs are being proactively addressed.
• Lead North America Marketing teams that support our Hybrid Cloud, Cloud, and Core business units, delivering programs that grow share of wallet within existing customers and create opportunities within target acquire accounts.
• Analyze the marketing funnel, channel mix, and customer segmentation to formulate ideas and approaches to optimize cost effective pipeline generation across different customer segments and personas.
• Develop and implement programs that assist direct and indirect sales teams in accelerating opportunities to close, focusing on continual improvement in funnel conversions and velocity.
• Work with Alliances team to ensure strong engagement at field level with all ecosystem partners.
• Lead, recruit, motivate, and mentor a team of strategic, data-driven, next-gen marketers to support the company’s business. Raising up the team and building a deep bench are essential.
- Getting Organized: You are well organized, resourceful, effective, and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; laying out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; can foresee and plan around obstacles.
- Managing Work Processes: You are an effective process, work flow, and systems designer; are good at figuring out what to measure in order to track and evaluate progress; you are able to set up systems that can almost manage themselves; are a master at deploying effective and efficient work systems; can quickly diagnose and fix a work flow problem; are always looking for incremental process improvement; you have an instinct for identifying opportunities to improve and optimize team operations with the analytical adeptness to increase scale through efficiency gains.
- Focusing on Action and Outcomes: You attack everything with drive and energy with an eye on results, costs, and the bottom line; you are not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; you drive to finish everything you start; you focus on winning in the marketplace and impacting the bottom-line.
- Communicating Effectively: You write and present with equal effectiveness in both formal and informal settings; adjusting to fit the audience and the message while strongly getting your message across to senior executives, peers and business partners.
- Getting Work Done Through Others: You manage people well; getting the most and best out of the people on your team; you set and communicate guidance and goals; measure accomplishments and hold people accountable; consistently giving useful feedback; you keep people informed; you delegate and develop, providing coaching for today and for the future; You thrive in a matrixed organization, able to leverage and influence others.
Strengths You Demonstrate
- Relating to Others: You are warm, friendly, and interpersonally agile; easy to approach and talk to; make a pleasant first impression and value a continued emphasis on building solid relationships.
- Acting with Honor and Character: You are a person of high character; are consistent and act in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs; you deal and talk straight, and you walk your talk; you are direct and truthful while good at keeping confidences.
- Managing Diverse Relationships: You relate well to a wide variety of diverse styles, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; you build diverse networks and are quick to find common ground; you treat differences fairly and equitably; and treat everyone as a preferred customer.
- Inspiring Others: You are skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; you negotiate skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; you communicate a compelling vision and are committed to doing what needs to be done; you inspire others and build motivated, high-performing teams; you have a knack for understanding what motivates individuals.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, engineering, or relevant field of study. MBA preferred