About the Role
The VP of Marketing will play a pivotal role in helping us bring our transformational technology to market. You will report to our CRO and bring a growth mindset with experience driving pipeline through inbound, outbound and channel campaign execution. You will be experienced at building organizations and excited to build a world class team to help you on your mission.
Company is looking for a leader who understands the need to be scrappy while building a team with an eye towards scalability and efficiency as the company grows. This individual must be analytically driven, entrepreneurial, and a creative problem solver who knows how to experiment, test, learn and iterate. It is paramount that the VP Marketing be resourceful and capable of achieving aggressive goals with ingenuity and within budget.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Marketing Strategy: Lead the development, planning, and execution of the marketing strategy to acquire and engage prospects on Company’s platform. Create and execute on monthly and quarterly marketing plans, determining how to most effectively leverage the budget, team, and resources for maximized brand awareness, conversion, and engagement.
- Product Marketing: Become an expert on the features and benefits of the product in order to develop effective marketing campaigns, in addition to staying on top of industry and market trends to best position Company’s platform. Oversee marketing for current and future product states, ranging from development stage to launch, and ultimately lifecycle management. Develop assets that clearly communicate the value of Company’s platform to a variety of personas.
- Support Sales Team: Drive quality leads into the sales team. Refine a process and develop materials and tools to continuously provide the sales teams with current platform benefits, competitor analysis, and current and future features for the acquisition of new customers.
- Account Based Marketing: Work closely with sales team to develop comprehensive communication strategies to maximize engagement, shorten sales cycles and grow adoption with the customer. Support the sales team with appropriate messaging and positioning including white papers, presentations, keynotes and collateral.
- Content strategy: Develop visually crisp and easy-to-understand marketing content - blogs, emails, video, testimonials webinars and landing pages - that will illuminate these experiences to customers (new and existing).
- Website / Blog / Whitepapers: Own the corporate website and blog regularly adding information, features/benefits, integration info, testimonials, news, and sales collateral. Produce technical whitepapers on an as-needed basis.
We are looking for a growth marketer who is comfortable being accountable for driving the pipeline needed to ensure team success. The ideal candidate will be excited to build a team to help them on their mission and ready to help tell our story far and wide.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Director+ level at a VC backed B2B enterprise SaaS company in the $10 – 30M ARR range
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience at high growth organizations, with recent experience in mobility or content management preferred.
- Has previously had full responsibility of all (or three of four – brand, content, demand gen, product marketing) marketing functions.
- Experience supporting a sales and business development team.
- Strong track record of developing innovative and cost-effective marketing campaigns in an entrepreneurial and fast-moving environment.
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth culture that requires a hands-on approach while also being able to operate independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage heavy workload, providing visibility into the workflow.
- Working knowledge of marketing technology and automation tools and can help vet and implement platforms as we grow
- Curious. You are incredibly smart and curious by nature. You have a deep willingness to learn, realize that no one knows everything, you are comfortable with that and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
- High integrity. You have infallible values and integrity. You know right from wrong and you are fully invested in doing the right thing at all times. You keep your word, follow through, and do what you say you will do. You don’t cut corners ethically, and always do what is right as opposed to what is convenient.
- Team Player. You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver who leads by example. You are respectful and patient with team members at all times. You could never ask anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
- Flexible. You are tolerant of ambiguity in a startup environment. You adapt as situations evolve; and are comfortable with constant change.
- Tenacious. You have a high capacity for work and are motivated by customer success and equity value creation.
- DataDriven. You are dedicated to driving business decisions through data and market feedback, and you are willing to pivot decisions based on data.