Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with various accounting, finance, asset management, legal and other business leaders as needed.
- Review quarterly and audited annual financial statements including footnotes and capital account statements.
- Prepare various performance metrics (e.g. IRR and Time Weighted Returns) in compliance with industry guidelines.
- Review management fee calculations and billing statements in compliance with relevant agreements.
- Provide administrative support to internal valuation committee, including preparing various analyses/materials, scheduling/participating in meetings, etc.
- Work with Tax compliance to ensure accurate investor reporting.
- Review Fund external compliance deliverables such as Form PF.
- Review investor capital calls and distributions.
- Calculate assets under management metrics, including the industry standard regulatory assets under management, the Company-specific real assets managed, and other metrics as needed.
- Prepare various questionnaire/reporting metrics for investors and industry groups in compliance with applicable definitions/guidelines including P&I Survey, reporting to various investor consultants (e.g. Townsend), etc.
- Prepare and review complex investment level and Fund level waterfall models and calculations.
- Read and interpret various legal agreements including Subscription Agreements, Limited Partner Agreements (LPAs), Operating Agreements (OAs), Purchase and Sale Agreements (PSAs), Loan/Debt Agreements, etc.
- Draft accounting memos as needed to document conclusions, processes, accounting methodologies, exceptions, and other considerations requiring such documentation.
- Assist with lender underwriting information requests, as well as compliance and reporting for in-place loans.
- Liaise with investors.
- Oversee preparation of the books/records and annual budgets for the Company’s RIA entities.
- Prepare, maintain and update the RIA’s SEC audit readiness materials as it relates to accounting and financial reporting and support its annual mock audit efforts with the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing materials including investor presentations, information requests, limited partner RFP’s and due diligence questionnaires for fundraising efforts.
- Assist in onboarding new clients and investors.
- Participate in new product launches including the review of new product documentation, client set up, and vendor selection, if applicable.
- Act as point of contact with custodians, administrators, and other vendors/service providers.
- Manage technology initiatives by providing scope of project, managing timelines, and coordinating testing.
- Oversee wind down and liquidation process for various investment vehicles.
- Assist and support project teams through demonstration and communication of the latest innovation development tools and methodologies, working cross functionally, thinking both critically and strategically.
- Manage and monitor realistic budgets that include appropriate funding for all relevant functions and databases. Ensure the fiscal discipline required to effectively manage O&M goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned, assist with special projects and internal ad hoc requests.
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Real Estate, or Finance, Master’s Degree preferred with experience in Real Estate, Finance, or Business Administration. Active licensed CPA preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- 7-10 years+ of related combined experience in public accounting and private equity fund setting.
- A detailed self-starter with the ability to work autonomously, problem solve and multi-task in a fast-paced, complex and high volume environment.
- Sound understanding of key fund management concepts.
- Savvy with financial systems including ERP and reporting applications such as JD Edwards Enterprise One or SunGard Investran PE accounting platform.
- Mastery of private equity performance measurements including IRR and Time Weighted Returns.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced professional environment and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) structures/guidelines.
- Knowledge of NCREIF PREA Reporting Standards.
- Knowledge of reporting to third party industry sources.
- Knowledge of Regulatory Assets Under Management (RAUM) calculation.
- Knowledge of Real Estate Assets, Equity and Debt, Securities and Derivatives.
- Strong technical accounting skills including investment company accounting (ASC 946), and fair value measurements (ASC 820).
- Expert understanding of valuation methodologies specific to Real Estate Assets, Equity and Debt including application to complex capital structures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to present confidently to executive management and third parties.
- Familiarity with the Custody Rule and relevant securities laws, including the Advisers Act of 1940 a plus.
- Strong business acumen, developed understanding of key metrics, business drivers and functional roles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Exceptional people skills, leadership, and personnel development skills.
- Ability to be decisive and persuasive and think strategically through to execution.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
The ideal candidate will have a commitment to excellence in their work product, ability to effectively partner with other teams across the enterprise, strong time management and multitasking skills, and a strong desire to learn. This role requires a self-motivated, independent worker who pays close attention to detail and who can prioritize tasks in a fast-moving environment and anticipate business needs. The appropriate candidate will effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues and must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, industry and government professionals. Strong financial analysis background, excellent leadership and motivational skills are required.