Trade Management handles trade booking, matching and settlements across listed, fx and money market securities. The Manager will provide oversight of department processing, coordination of projects, staff development and training, as well as assist the Head of Middle Office in developing a strategic plan for the department.
- Develop and communicate department risk policies, procedures and best practices in order to reduce operational risk. Assess existing processes and create new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to clients.
- Work with department Supervisors and Seniors to ensure adherence to established departmental procedures and quality standards.
- Act as liaison with other Operations teams as well as clients.
- Develop business requirements and review functional specifications needed to support the implementation of system enhancements and new projects.
- Work with Operational teams to coordinate all aspects of projects, including developing project proposals, business requirement, and ensure the smooth integration into departmental workflows.
- Partner with colleagues overseas to ensure cohesive global operating model
- Ensure high quality of work from the team by focusing on problem resolution and escalation of issues.
- Support team through frequent, open and clear communication and by providing training and development opportunities.
- Maintain robust MI related to core functions to monitor team performance and productivity.
- Make recommendations regarding hiring, termination, salary actions and other personnel issues
- Ensure Conduct governance is fully operational, as per standard guidelines: Conduct is a standard item at the agenda of management or team meetings, Conduct dilemma are well managed and documented, the escalation process is in place, Conduct responsibilities are delegated throughout the perimeter in charge
- Develop understanding of Conduct principles by ensuring staff participation to awareness & training sessions
- Be aware of the Conduct risks arising in the perimeter in charge and make sure that appropriate mitigating processes and controls are in place
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Proven track record of strong service delivery skills to internal and external partners.
- Experience with both 40Act mutual funds as well as institutional accounts
- Extensive knowledge of the mutual fund industry including Fund Accounting, Trade Management, and Middle Office operations
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Well-developed skills in prioritization, organization, decision making, time management and verbal/written communication
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team leader with a proven ability to train, supervise, motivate and evaluate team dynamics
- Three years related mutual fund and/or accounting support experience
- Two years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent required
- Five years related mutual fund and/or accounting support experience preferred
- Three years supervisory experience preferred