VRL Eurofins is the Pre-Transplant Testing division of Eurofins, committed to servicing the transplant community with regional high complexity testing laboratories. Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, with satellite laboratories in or near Los Angeles, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, and Minneapolis, VRL Eurofins is continuing to expand throughout the United States and is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented 3rd Shift Sample Logistics Laboratory Technician to work in Centennial, Colorado.
Laboratory Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Performing duties related to accessioning, specimen management and data entry, cleaning duties and equipment maintenance
- Under direct and constant supervision of licensed laboratory personnel, may assist in operating automated instrumentation and testing records transcription
- Pre-analytical processes within the life cycle of the laboratory specimen: collection, packaging, shipping, receiving, processing, tracking, and archiving
- Interface with VRL Eurofins clients to resolve specimen issues
- Perform data entry into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Perform cleaning duties, equipment daily and PM maintenance and QC recording
- Assist in reagent preparation and/or aliquoting that do not require quantitative measurement (employing previously calibrated and approved automatic syringes or fix pipettes)
- Assist in automated instrument operation that does not require quantitative measurement of samples or reagents
- Maintain quality records, as required
- Perform filing and archiving of quality and testing records
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards, policies and protocols in the lab, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies
- Work closely and communicate with other lab staff to complete daily activities efficiently and contribute to team effort
- Manage issues and projects; resolve escalates issues, as appropriate
- Demonstrate superior understanding of laboratory operations
- Serve as the primary trainer for new Lab Technicians or re-training of existing Lab Technicians
- Performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Supports VRL Euorfins' business philosophy, leadership values, and ethics
- Other duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate would possess
- Some laboratory experience preferred
- A high level of integrity and honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of patient, client, employee and laboratory business
- Understanding of Universal Precautions when working with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
- Ability to read, interpret, and comply with documents such as internal SOPs, operating and maintenance instructions, and company policies
- Client service experience is a plus
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results.
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
- Analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs, with database skills and 1 year data entry experience is preferred
- High school diploma, or equivalent, is required
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Tuesday - Friday, 8:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m., with overtime, as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Centennial, CO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about VRL Eurofins, please visit our website at www.vrl-eurofins.com.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.