Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States' leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients' unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Abbot Downing serves ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank and Abbot Downing, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
As part of its vision for a flatter, more nimble organization that is easier to do business with, Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) has created horizontal functions known as centers of excellence to support all client coverage channels. Banking, Lending, & Trust is a center of excellence that brings teams and functions currently found across WIM's consumer businesses under a common, WIM-level organization. The group is focused on transforming from channel-based to client-focused solutions and delivery in an effort to reduce operational risk, improve efficiency, increase consistency/coordination, and bring focus on product management / development to deliver innovative growth and improve the client experience. Additionally, the new group will deliver a WIM-level culture of product management excellence by creating a culture of innovation, product excellence, client service and risk mitigation.
This team is responsible for the following functions:
- Lending and Banking Products (custom and consumer packaged)
- Deposit Strategy and Management
- WIM Enterprise Partnerships
- Trust and Fiduciary Services Management
- M&A Business Advisory Services
The Philanthropic Services Sr. Advisor Specialist is specialty fiduciary expert that applies extensive knowledge and skills in the area of trust and estate matters, investment management, wealth transition, and financial planning to serve high net worth clients with the most complex planning needs. May partner with a Relationship Manager or act as a Relationship Manager in serving clients. Contributes to growth of the specialty wealth management business by participating in and supporting new client acquisition through leveraging fiduciary skills and specialized knowledge in the marketplace. In some cases, may administer and manage the risk of moderately complex trust accounts in order to develop or expand relationships. As the relationship manager for a book of business, identifies and addresses issues with clients, underwriting/accepting new accounts, administering, terminating, distributes moderately complex accounts.
Senior individual contributor accountable for strategic business development in assigned market or segment. Plans and executes strategic activities and projects that directly support the implementation and optimization of efforts to grow segment-specific sales/revenue/ profit/market share while ensuring adherence to compliance regulations and policies. Responsibilities include researching, identifying and selecting best channels, combination of channels and/or products to improve effectiveness and efficiency of coverage in marketplace and meet the unique needs of defined customer/business segments; developing internal and external relationships with bankers, brokers, business and community leaders; developing sales and/or marketing strategies and campaigns; establishing and enhancing relationships with various WF sales and functional groups to develop and execute programs to achieve market penetration, service and profitability goals; defining sales goals, metrics and tracking; developing and executing appropriate communications, processes and sales training; and maintaining/developing expert knowledge of product and delivery channels. Mentors lower level staff.
Provides operational risk insight and consulting to philanthropic business initiatives with moderate to high risk. Identifies and assesses operational risk issues assigning risk ratings consistent with established policy standards. Assists in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls. Analyzes business and/or systems changes to determine impact. Provides assistance in developing corrective action plans and effectively manage change. Identifies training opportunities. May design/ coordinate development of training materials and delivers training. Supports and implements initiatives with low to moderate risk. Internal interaction with team to support risk oversight and monitoring.
May proactively engage with clients in specialty wealth planning conversations; collaborates with partners to propose solutions. Provides analysis of clients total financial situation, and offer creative thinking to arrive at workable solutions. Communicates directly with clients, business partners and Centers of Influence including external resources i.e. accountants, attorneys, who are related to the client relationship as part of daily administration. May team lead. This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
*Position may be based anywhere within the Wells Fargo footprint with a preference is to have it based in Mountain or Pacific time zones.
Salary range is determined by location of the job.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CO-Denver: Min $117,600 Mid $168,000 Max $218,400
May be considered for a discretionary bonus.
- 2+ years of risk management experience
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- 10+ years trust/fiduciary experience demonstrated through work, military or education experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience advising in the nonprofit sector in a capacity related to nonprofit management, development, planned giving or fundraising with experience advising individuals or charitable organizations in wealth and estate planning, financial planning, charitable planning, charitable giving, planned giving, nonprofit or foundation management or services, investment management of charitable assets or accounting.
- Experience running gift illustrations, event planning, project management, and developing and designing internal and external business communication.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
To be determined
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
TX-Austin: 111 Congress Avenue - Austin, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.