About Our Job
This is a limited position with an expected end date of June 30, 2023. This position will accept applications until Sunday, July 24, 2022. This position will work 6-10 hours per week on a part-time, on-call basis.
We are hiring FIVE (5) part-time Youth Advisors who will work within a small team to complete projects, organize events, and conduct outreach/education regarding active living, youth engagement, and safe transportation.
* Are you a young adult (ages 14-25)?
* Do you live, work, or go to school in the City & County of Denver?
* Do you want a paid job working to improve your own community?
Denver's Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure, and services. For more information, please visit the DOTI website.
DOTI's Commitment to Equity:
* DOTI is committed to providing attention and resources to the areas, assets and people of the city with the greatest need. Through equitable contracting, equitable investments, and equitable workforce development.
* DOTI's culture revolves around four key principles: (1) Invest in Our People, (2) Operate with Discipline, (3) Use Data to Drive Decisions, and (4) Deliver Results.
Join our team! These youth advisor positions will work within either the Denver Community Active Living Coalition (CALC) and Teen Safe Streets (TSS) grant programs. We believe young people are the experts in their communities and how youth move around them, and therefore belong at the table to lead and inform policies, programs, and projects that affect them and their peers.
Denver CALC is a grant program that leads and facilitates a range of small projects, events, and activities to promote active transportation (such as walking, biking, and transit) & community health (www.denvercalc.org). Denver CALC works with partners and local residents to make it easier, safer, and more fun to walk, roll, bike, take transit, and play in Denver.
Teen Safe Streets is a youth-led program to promote transportation safety, educate about teen driving programs and laws such as the Graduated Drivers' License, and work through events, focus groups, and social media to encourage teens to be safe while driving on Denver's roads.
* Submit your basic information - be sure to provide an up-to-date email address and phone number
* Submit a 3-paragraph narrative to the Hiring Manager via Email, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], in response to ONE of the following questions:
1) Tell us about the community in Denver where you live, work, or go to school. How do you see yourself contributing to your community now or in the future?
2) What does transportation safety mean to you? How does it relate to equity or social justice?
Job duties, responsibilities and behaviors of this position include:
* Recruit youth and community members to participate in events and activities about transportation
* Planning and hosting regular meetings for Future of Denver Youth Collaborative
* Help organize, lead, and participate in community engagement efforts, including meetings, focus groups, social media/marketing, community art projects, Safe Routes to School projects, walks and bike rides, trainings, and community events
* Provide perspective and ideas for programs, activities, events, and social media to promote safe transportation
* Be a role modeler focused on equity, inclusion, and diversity
* Be able and available to work on occasional weekends or evenings for community events or meetings with other youth
Our ideal candidate(s) will have a combination of the following:
* Experience working or volunteering with community or school organizations
* Proficiency in a language other than English
* Interest in serving your community and working for local government
* Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
* Interest in developing professional work skills in a hands-on environment
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
By position, specific age restrictions may be applied within an age range.
About Everything Else
CA3142 Youth Operative Associate
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$15.87 - $23.81
Based on Experience and Education
Dept of Transportation & Infrastructure
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.