Vaco Financial is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our P/E backed active lifestyle retail and e-commerce client in Denver! This position is hybrid in-office three days a week.
Accounting Manager Overview
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to the ledger and financial reporting. The Accounting Manager supervises four staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, yearend audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level Management and outside financial groups which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. This position reports to the CFO.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Director of Finance and CFO with daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- CPA and Bachelor's in Accounting required
- 5-7+ years in an Accounting leadership role required
- NetSuite experience required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Retail, M&A, and Private Equity experience a plus