The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibility is to function as a support role for the Denver Division and its Development and Construction project management teams. Responsibilities associated with this position include but are not limited to screening and responding to telephone calls, processing invoices, maintaining financial and confidential records, special projects, and performing other various clerical duties.
• Provides administrative support to the Development and Construction Project Manager(s) in his/her business or field office, including scheduling appointments, meetings and travel arrangements.
• Establishes and maintains vendor relationships enabling the Company to maximize best pricing on services through research and negotiation.
• Responsible for purchasing office supplies and maintaining office equipment; maintains records for all PO’s.
• Processes invoices, payroll, purchase orders, expense reports and maintains organized records.
• Manages petty cash.
• Prepares materials for meetings and ensures they are organized and distributed.
• Compiles and distributes weekly/monthly reports.
• Provides clerical assistance, which may include typing, copying, filing, recordkeeping, and distributing departmental mail.
• Coordinates various activities and events for his/her office.
• Screens and responds to telephone calls and greets visitors.
• Works on special projects and ensures all processes are completed timely.
• Assists Project Managers in maintaining accurate Requests for Information (RFI’s), Architects Supplement Instructions (ASI’s) and submittal logs.
• Assists in establishing schedules for subcontractors.
• Ordering of blueprints and tracking deliveries to Subcontractors.
• Reviews general contracts for pertinent information and coordination with accounts payable.
• Reviews and types all subcontracts including all attachments and schedule of values.
• Assist with procurement of permits.
• Maintains subcontractor insurance log.
• Assists with coordinating communication between local office and other MCRT local and national offices.
• Fields complaints, issues and concerns from the public, clients, vendors, associates, etc.
• Participates in Company-provided training such as safety, non-discrimination, information systems and harassment prevention.
• Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Associates degree or secretarial certification is preferred for this position.
• Previous work in a real estate or construction office is a plus.
• Minimum of one to two years office administration or other relevant experience is required.
• Notary public is a plus.
Additional responsibilities beyond office management and general administrative:
- Contract administration
- Graphics and mapping support
- Excel proficiency including building tables and using formulas to complete calculations