A position with lots of variety and a place where you can be an asset and be challenged.
Administrative Assistant/Public Finance Associate
Provide comprehensive administrative and project/deal support to the public finance bankers. Responsible for maintaining an in-depth knowledge in the preparation of required processes and documentation for settlement of a public finance issue. As a member of the Public Finance team, will frequently interface with clients and must possess strong interpersonal communication skills to help foster existing and develop new business relationships.
• Ability to work with computers and various software programs. Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Suite
• Strong attention to detail, efficient and accurate typing, proofreading, researching, filing and other general administrative skills to effectively execute normal daily functions of the position
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize job assignments and have strong organizational skills
• Critical thinking, sound judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
• Ability to learn and understand the public finance market
• Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of and comply with FINRA, SEC and MSRB regulations regarding public finance business
• Ability to learn and comply with company and division operations, policies and procedures
• Strong communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills; relate in a professional manner with public finance professionals, underwriters, bond counsel, client issuers and other parties in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives; and maintain client confidentiality
• Ability to work with minimal supervision either independently or as a team member, under strict time constraints and handle high-pressure situations
• Exercise independent judgment and initiative to complete tasks. Compose, edit and review correspondence, including letters, memoranda and RFPs. This may include taking raw text and data and transforming it into a professional, well-organized document. Coordinate and facilitate solicitations for Trustee, Underwriter’s Counsel and Bond Counsel and analyze bids to ascertain if they are within Costs of Issuance parameters for the issue. From this process, develop (for Banker’s review) the working group of the transaction.
• Ability to perform pertinent administrative tasks of the issue, including preparation of an engagement letter with certain regulatory disclosures.
• Follow and apply all current procedures for the submission of Issue transactions. This requires the ability to learn and maintain a comprehensive understanding of SEC Rule 152c-12 as well as the ability to work without supervision in developing and maintaining necessary due diligence, including the coordination with the Issuer Official in maintaining the Deems Final Certificate.
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the sales team and trading desk in order to assist them in selling public finance issues.
In office role- with great opportunity. Local candidates only!