HR Specialist / Benefits Coordinator
Our client, Empower Retirement, is seeking a Sr Specialist HR Operations Support Administrator. This is a contract to hire position. It will start out as a remote position and will transition to on-site when the client returns to the office.
- Administer Leave of Absence and ADA accommodations which include accurately interpreting and applying State and Federal leave laws, including FMLA, USERRA, and ADA policies to resolve issues
- Educate and advise employees, work with and monitor vendors to accurately track leaves and ensure compliance.
- Lead the "interactive process" required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), documenting steps taken and ensuring the appropriate and necessary individuals are involved, resulting in a timely and effective determination on all accommodation requests.
- Monitor payroll for employees on leave to ensure accuracy and minimize corrections, notifying payroll timely of any changes in pay or benefits.
- Provide exceptional customer service to associates regarding employee leave of absence, Worker’s Compensation, ADA, and other benefits questions and providing issue resolution; direct employees to appropriate resources and provide education on plans, coverage, policies and procedures.
- Provide input into the design of new programs; develops associated policy, procedures and documentation along with other necessary supporting communications.
- Assist with preparation of data and information for annual reporting/participant notification requirements, HR audits, and other compliance needs as required; supports regular internal audit activities to ensure data integrity and completeness.
- Assists with review and accuracy of plan documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a benefits and/or leave administration
- Solid foundational knowledge of benefits/leave of absence/general HR processes, regulations, and laws; strong knowledge of HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA & PPACA. General understanding on ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations
To ensure the health and wellness of Empower associates, COVID vaccinations are required for all associates (even those working remotely), unless expressly prohibited by state law, or an accommodation has been approved.
Due to COVID-19 and to ensure the health and wellness of our associates, we have temporarily transitioned the majority of associates to a remote work environment. During this time, any required training and day to day responsibilities will be conducted virtually, in the convenience of your home.
To ensure you are set up for success during this period, you will be required to provide reliable high-speed internet with a wired connection as well as a place in your home to attend training and work without interruption. Other necessary computer equipment, headset and training materials will be provided.
Required Minimum Internet Specifications:
- Minimum service level of 50Mbps download and 10Mbps upload to ensure the best voice quality
- Associates are required to connect their computers directly to a modem or router using an Ethernet cable to ensure consistent voice quality.
Please submit your MS Word resume with your application.
Pay rate 34.00 per hour
Related terms: staffing, recruiter, sourcing, hiring, screening
CORESTAFF Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. CORESTAFF Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.