LOCATION: Commerce City, Colorado (US-CO)
JOB NUMBER: 54431
Why you should join us:
As the Accounts Receivable (AR) Billing & Revenue Management Analyst, you will handle incoming cash payments of over $1.6B and draft management of $4.4B in revenue for the Suncor Energy USA Refining & Marketing (SEUSA R&M) Business. You will ensure cash is posted, reconciled, deposited, and applied. You will facilitate the tracking, billing and payment of all non-fuel services. Additionally, you will have a significant impact on cash flow, and as such, knowledge, accuracy and timeliness are substantial factors in your success. You will track and manually process $1.2M in non-fuel invoicing in addition to heavy oils billing and master data.
You will use your expertise to:
- Handle client contracts, customers inquiries, and corresponding relationship management
- Track and process monthly and quarterly billing for all pass-through services for Branded Marketers
- Complete month-end and year end reconciliations (volumetric, pricing, and quality)
- Reconcile and facilitate resolution on receivables regarding all billing discrepancies: short-pays, credits, imbalances, past dues, Automatic Bank Withdrawal (ABW) rejection, etc.
- Troubleshoot errors on inbound and outbound data feeds and facilitation of resolution with IT/IS and third-party data processing vendors
- Provide financial support via accounts receivable management, cash collection, account dispute reconciliation, financial analysis, and reporting
- Support year-end tax reporting to include 1099/income statement filing and reporting for issued credit card payments
- Assist Finance in various aspects of General Ledger (GL) tracking, analysis, and reconciliation (including Treasury cash/bank GLs, revenue, and inventory)
- Map and Maintain site data within SAP and various online resources for Branded Marketers
- Ensure that all outgoing credit card payments are processed and applied to the appropriate Marketer
- Perform daily credit card uploads and initiate daily ABW draft process; troubleshoot errors encountered with uploads/files
- Compile and analyze all non-fuel charges to the business and create an upload to distribute charges amongst applicable Marketer accounts
- Support contract administration, pricing tasks, and interface management on assigned heavy oil accounts
We'd like to review your application if you have...
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 3 or more years of experience in an accounting role
- Knowledge of accounting terminology and processes
- Customer-focused mindset with the ability to resolve sensitive issues independently
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented team player
- Advanced Excel user (including advanced formulas and v-look-ups)
- Ability to multi-task with strong prioritization and organization skills
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Post-secondary education in business, accounting, economics or similar is an asset
- An understanding of refined product markets and refinery operations
- Knowledge of SAP (or similar large enterprise software) with a preference for experience in the Sales and Distribution module
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Denver Refinery Business Center, located at 5455 Brighton Blvd. with a Hybrid Work Model to provide our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility – to learn more, speak to your recruiter
- May require extended hours during month end and year end close as well as during full asphalt season (April through October)
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Suncor Energy (U.S.A.) Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Suncor, a leading integrated energy company based in Alberta, Canada with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing.
Suncor’s downstream business operates four refineries including the Commerce City refinery, the only petroleum refinery in the area and one of the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Colorado’s only refinery - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
We want you to have a job that will fit your life - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs and an annual incentive program
- Work/Life Balance
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans