Maximus is a leading operator of government health and human services programs in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Saudi Arabia. The Company delivers business process services to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs, such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Health Insurance BC (British Columbia), as well as welfare-to-work and child support programs around the globe. The Company's primary customer base includes federal, provincial, state, county and municipal governments. Operating under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, MAXIMUS has more than 30,000 employees worldwide.
The Network Architect will use their experience and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts of routing, switching, and security technologies to create network solutions. This role collaborates with technical and business leaders to develop solutions and designs to execute customer strategies, create greater efficiencies, and transform the enterprise network. The focus of this position will be on LAN, WAN, WLAN, SD-WAN and data center technologies. Working directly with the customer the Network Architect builds trust with stakeholders and owns the design process. The Network Architect works closely with Engineering, Delivery, Operations, and project management to ensure the customer's requirements are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Knowledge of AWS and AWS network connectivity (i.e. Direct Connects) desired (AWS CCP or greater preferred)
* Understanding of Agile methodologies (SAFe, Kanban, Scrum, etc…)
* Design, implement, and support solutions involving, but not limited to, WAN, LAN, WLAN, Data Analytics, Security and Virtual (e.g.; Virtualization, SDN, NFV) technologies.
* Create client solutions based on business requirements involving advanced networks, data center, security, and virtualization technologies; as well as development of fault and performance management policies and automation rules.
* Collaborate with Engineering/Planning, IT, Product Development, and various MAXIMUS and external delivery and support teams to manage the design and implementation of client projects.
* Provide technical training and support for the Network Operations team.
* Develop a deep knowledge and strong ability to articulate MAXIMUS offerings across multiple disciplines including data, voice, managed services, IT, security and mobility strategies.
* Translate customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements
* Analyze, evaluate, and communicate network capacity and performance data with the objective of driving improvements to customer's network.
* Oversee customer network documentation such as solution design document, record of change, and network diagrams.
* Create presentations and demonstrations related to technology, process, or client solutions as necessary
* Author and deliver network designs, statements of work, and technical project plans incorporating service and program management activities
Education and Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* Six years of experience providing architecture design of enterprise network infrastructure and establishes enterprise infrastructure technology standards and multi-platform hardware/software solutions for enterprise routing and switching environments.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills across both business and technical audiences.
* Exceptional time management and organizational skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to self-manage and motivate, to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at the same time, using sound judgment.
* Performs other duties as may be assigned by management
* Strong working level knowledge of IP Networking. Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), Segment Routing, QoS, IP VPN, VPLS, eVPN, BRAS, NAT,DPI etc.
* Advanced Enterprise Networks Architecture, Collab, Cisco CCIE Data Center; Security certification,
* Strong customer service orientation; obsessed with customer experience
* Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, business analysis, and complex problem-solving skills.
* Spirit of collaboration in particular with staff in other IT teams to coordinate relevant activities.
* Responsible for developing, distributing, supporting, enforcing, and integrating best practices and technology standards.
* Intra-cloud/VPC troubleshooting
* Troubleshoots and corrects system problems as needed.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.