Be a part of an exceptional team that leads company shrink mitigation and safety initiatives while keeping our Guests, Associates, and Communities at the center of everything they do. The face of retail is constantly changing, and this agile team is at the forefront of the latest Loss Prevention technology and analytical tools that help protect company assets every day. Through operational excellence, innovation, and collaboration, the Loss Prevention team is exceptional at quickly designing and implementing innovative new solutions for diverse Loss Prevention challenges while simultaneously building strong partnerships across Human Resources, Stores Operations, Supply Chain, and Compliance teams. Do you enjoy investigating company profitability opportunities? Are you a proactive critical thinker who loves executing a strategic business plan? Then consider joining the Loss Prevention team today!
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM) drives shrink improvement and asset protection programs for two (2) to four (4) Districts which contain approximately 25-65 Ulta Beauty Stores. The Area Loss Prevention Manager is responsible to assess store procedures, promote awareness and methods to prevent, protect and control losses and protect company assets and make recommendations to improve inventory shrinkage, safety and overall store controls. The ALPM acts on behalf of the company to prevent, minimize, and/or recover losses when they occur. The ALPM collaborates with all levels of Store Operations, Supply Chain and Corporate associates (i.e. District Managers, General Managers and Regional Vice Presidents) and local Law Enforcement while initiating and conducting internal/external investigations, interviews, training and store audits.
In all we do, we strive to uphold the company’s values in which we win together, give wow experiences, improve always, do what’s right and, love what we do and own what we do.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Educate and train all levels of store management and associates in programs and methods for protecting inventory, cash, equipment and other company assets.
- Investigate evidence of loss using multiple tools and resources and conduct interviews in a timely manner regarding integrity, theft and violation of company policy. Provide Store Management and District Managers with recommendations for resolution and improvement.
- Analyze store exception reporting, inventory reporting, CCTV, incident reporting and other information and trends for further internal and external investigation. Partner with local law enforcement and retail network to drive case resolution.
- Conduct various store audits to assess operational and safety compliance with company policies and procedures. Advise and consult with General Managers on improving results based on store audits.
- Report audit findings to District Manager and Corporate Loss Prevention.
- Drive and coordinate Shrink Focus Store program with Store Ops Business Partners.
- Partner with District Manager, Regional Vice President (if applicable) and Regional Loss Prevention Manager to coordinate and present information to store operations audience including conference calls and regional and district meetings.
- Conduct in store surveillances using Loss Prevention tools including covert, remote and in-store CCTV to identify and escalate potential internal integrity issues, safety concerns, fines, lost sales and activity that affect the business.
- Identify Loss Prevention equipment issues at store level. Install and maintain protective equipment as needed.
- Investigate external incidents (i.e. burglary, ORC activity and robbery) and develops action plans for the implementation of preventative measures that will reduce the frequency of the events.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing Certificate and CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) a plus.
Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Loss Prevention and in a retail environment; multi-store experience is preferred
- Strong business relationship skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, electronic communication and presentation skills
- High level of confidentiality and superior organization skills with attention to detail
- Solid analytical skills; able to identify trends to help drive sales, business plans and support operational initiatives that directly correlate with shrink
- Must be comfortable working in an independent manner, able to multi-task, be flexible with change and prioritize to the needs of the business
- Ability to make appropriate decisions in complex and stressful situations
- Ability to travel locally and overnight as needed
- Good working knowledge of current technology and its application to the role (EAS, Burglar Alarms, CCTV, Kronos, case management software, exception based reporting etc.)
- Flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business (schedule may include evenings, weekends and holidays)
- In-town and out-of-town travel within designated market; some overnight travel
- Responds to store based emergencies
- Physical demands include periodic ladder climbing, minor equipment repairs, installation of covert cameras or relocation and lifting up to 50 pounds in a retail store environment
- Home based office
The pay range for this position is USD $73,900.00/Yr. - USD $121,700.00/Yr. with the opportunity to earn additional compensation pursuant with the Company’s bonus plan. Exact pay will be based on factors including, but not limited to relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, level, shift, geographic location, and business and organizational needs. Visit our Benefits and Career Development page:https://careers.ulta.com/careers/about-us/benefits-and-career-development
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.