ASSISTANT CONTROLLER – Newly created position at one of Denver’s top real estate companies!
One of Denver’s top real estate companies is looking for an experience real estate accounting professional to their incredible staff!
The company strives to create a fun, family-focused, honest and energetic environment!
We are seeking a degreed accountant, CPA preferred and 5-7 years of progressive experience required.
Real estate experience is required. YARDI, Paycom, Nexus and Concur experience a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
- Assist in the completion of the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process of multiple properties to meet reporting deadlines to financial partners.
- Assist in the completion of the monthly, quarterly, and annual joint venture accounting and reporting requirements.
- Compile lender requirements to assist with lender reporting compliance.
- Ensure monthly debt service payments are funded and recorded.
- Manage the bi-weekly processing of payroll.
- Actively manage labor allocations via payroll application, record the allocation of payroll costs and transfer funds accordingly from each property.
- Prepare 401(k) data transfer and Manage the 401(k) function
- Prepare quarterly Real Estate Owned report.
- Manage other functions T&E, Corporate Credit Card program, 3rd party AP billing service.
- Complete and file annual personal property declarations and Real Estate tax Property tax payments.
- Assist with various audits and implementation of new processes.