Blending fun with style and elegance, Springhill Suites Denver Downtown and Degree Metropolitan Food + Drink are the perfect mix! We take our fun seriously, and work as a team to make the ordinary, extraordinary for each and every guest. Think you have what it takes? Join us! We are looking for a salaried manager to lead our Kitchen team in Banquets and Breakfast, supervising 4-5 team members in both outlets.
Banquets are so unique, just like you are! Each and every banquet event is different, and it is up to our amazing Banquets team to provide food, drinks, service, and an overall amazing experience that our clients will love and make us their hotel of choice for future events. Whether it be a banquet cook, server, houseperson, or banquet captain, each and every person is a crucial part of attendees having fun, enjoying their experience, and wanting to come back. And, here at Springhill Suites our team takes our fun seriously....very seriously! You help us make the memories that make it fun to be a part of this team. Sound like something right up your alley? Apply today!
EMPLOYEE PERKS! Why join the Springhill Suites and Degree Family?
- Employee Referral Program - $500 to $1000 based on position!
- Free Monthly RTD EcoPass
- Free Onsite Parking!
- Sage Savings Spot Deals on furniture, electronics, cell phone plans, flowers, restaurants and much, much more!
- Discounted Hotel rates at all Marriott/Starwood & Sage managed Hotels & Restaurants
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K & Flex Spending Account (FT Employees)
- Paid time off for Vacation, Sick days and Holidays (FT Employees)
- A fun work environment that encourages individually, recognition, growth & development
Welcome to the Springhill Suites Denver Downtown. A bold and inspiring new hotel where contemporary design mingles effortlessly with world-class service. Here, you can have it all. An energized downtown location. Spacious suites that don't compromise style for comfort. Dynamic meeting and event space perfect for collaboration or celebration. A visionary approach to business. At the SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown hotel, we offer more than a place to stay. Here, we offer a fresh, urban hotel experience unlike any other. Our partnership with Metro State University's Hospitality Learning Center enables our hotel to be a teaching and learning hotel, giving employees the chance to give back to the community by mentoring a continuous influx of student interns from Colorado's largest public university.
At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.
Plan and manage the banquet kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the banquet department in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
- Position is responsible for long and short term planning and day-to-day operations of the banquet kitchen, breakfast kitchen, and related areas.
- Recommends menu and procedural changes.
- Recommends the budget and manages food and labor costs within approved budget constraints.
- Performs all essential functions while adhering to all SOP's and future food programs to ensure a consistent, quality product.
- Manage associates and managers in the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees while providing a safe environment; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles and discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food in the hotel in a safe, sanitary, cost effective manner.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc.) within corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
One or two years of post-high school education
Experience required by position is from two to three full years of full employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Requires thorough knowledge of the catering and food profession in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work.
- Requires knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Requires supervision/management skills. Requires oral and written communication skills.
- Must have moderate hearing -to hear equipment timers and communicate with other staff.
- Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately.
- Must have moderate speech communication skills to be able to communicate with staff. Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read and understand all BEO's.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting/Pushing/Pulling/Carrying: All these functions are essential because of the heavy production associated with Banquets. Items include food, small equipment, 75% of the time.
- Bending does become necessary when using the lower oven for cooking, 5-10 times a day.
- Full range of mobility and the ability to travel 30-50 feet on a regular basis, throughout the day.
- Standing usually during preparation or plate -up to one hour at a time, usually 3-5 times a day.
- No climbing required.
- No driving required.
Inside 95% of full shift