Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon’s Digital Experience (DX) Practice helps marketers enhance the effectiveness of their complex digital marketing programs by being industry leaders and SMEs at the intersection where offline and online data comes together. Our group is nimble with the energy and flexibility of a start-up, but with the backing and resources of one of the industry’s largest and most respected marketing service and technology providers.
The Customer Data Platforms (CDP) Enterprise Architect is a detail-oriented enterprise architect to assist in the operations of our fast-growing CDP practice. The enterprise architect's responsibilities include improving the current MarTech infrastructure, optimizing business operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programs around the CDP of the clients’ choosing. The enterprise architect is also responsible for cataloging, developing, coordinating, communicating, maintaining, and enforcing overall enterprise architecture models, representations, initiatives, capabilities, and components to adequately perform the organization's business and technology activities.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Define reference architecture, which is a pattern that others can follow to create and improve data systems
- Define data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
- Evaluate CDP functions, business development strategies, and IT processes and suggesting improvements.
- Create business architecture models to reflect the clients’ strategies and goals and create and implement business visions and goals.
- Evaluate systems engineering, talent recruiting, and accounting models for discrepancies and vulnerabilities.
- Provide business architecture and systems processing guidance.
- Ensure the efficiency, security, and support of the clients’ goals using CDPs.
- Create methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Determine and implementing build versus buy strategies, mentor personnel, and views of the overall business strategy.
- Suggest ideas to reduce costs leveraging CDP as the new supporting technology.
- Organize training to improve knowledge and skills for future organizational growth for Epsilon and the clients.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in related fields.
- Strong technical skills are essential to complete job requirements successfully.
- Able to compile and organize information retrieved and present findings to clients and partners.
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information.
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary databases and software.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills are required when meeting with and interviewing potential clients.
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies.
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously.
Salary Range:$150,000-175,000 + 10% bonus
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.