Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Conduct patient outreach for management and coordination of care for chronic medical conditions and preventative health screenings (HEDIS metrics). Provide education to patients about their medical conditions and directions/interventions as prescribed by their providers. Review medical records and research and outreach across healthcare teams for documentation to provide complete medical record pictures for members. Build relationships with independent physician practices and report on Quality metrics. Provide quality education to independent practices. Assist with other quality campaigns as needed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from the Denver Metro Region as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct telephonic patient outreach to patients with chronic conditions and/or preventative care needs
- Conduct telephonic outreach to remind patients to schedule annual wellness visits and/or other chronic care appointments
- Provide patient education and guidance on disease management and care coordination
- Review medical records and other healthcare data sources, and outreach to facilities and/or providers to obtain patient records, results, and/or reports for quality gap closure
- Build and maintain relationships with independent practices (IPA)
- Assist Quality Manager and/or Quality Lead in serving as a liaison between providers, office staff, patients, and insurance plans
- Communicate with physicians regarding patient care and needs as well as best practice tips on attaining quality care metric goals
- Utilize knowledge of resources available in the health care system to assist the physician and patient effectively
- Assist patient with any healthcare needs as appropriate and able, to ensure a high-quality patient experience
- Perform other duties as required or requested by the Medical Director or Quality Manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) experienced
- Experience with HEDIS Quality
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Solid communication skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, providers, medical staff, and health plan staff
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Independent and confident decision making ability
- Able to function as an individual contributor as well as a team player
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Solid Electronic Health Records (EHR) skills along with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Knowledge of patient education principles
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $35,600 to $63,100. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $39,100 to $69,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Practice Perf Coordinator, Remote, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote