Under the general supervision of the Department Supervisor, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) initiates, coordinates, and maintains a flow of materials and information to various accounts to ensure the highest levels of customer service.
- To ensure ultimate customer satisfaction, communicate customer needs to whatever level of the internal organization necessary - purchasing, fabrication, assembly, planning, traffic, distribution, quality.
- Expedite and procure work in progress material to enable visibility for satisfying customer demand.
- Coordinate the review of customer incoming orders in terms of pricing, specifications, account status, shipping requirements, and product availability and ultimately the entry of appropriate orders. The order review is to be in accordance with current quality management system.
- Order coordination required for branch business in the areas of specifications, product availability, shipping commitments and order entry functions. Every attempt is made to accommodate ultimate branch customer needs.
- Continually review and update supply functions with revised customer demand changes and coordinate new promise dates.
- Maximize delivery date integrity on all orders through internal and external communication on schedule dates of the factory work order or purchase order.
- Generate simple quotes and repair orders for intercompany and external customers.
- Instruct, assist and train others in the organization as necessary.
- Liaise with Quality Department on RMA and AQR’s.
- Assist with warehouse duties from time to time when necessary.
- Maintain record of all contracts pertaining to the Customer Service Representative accounts, meeting current guidelines.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience. Experience with customer service with manufacturing highly preferred.
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal, written, problem solving, and organization skills required.
- Experience in planning, materials and scheduling as needed.
- Bilingual English – Spanish a plus
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.