Do you enjoy developing new products and services? Join us! Our Software Engineers work in an agile, collective environment. You will be using your skills and expertise to define, design, develop, test, certify and improve cutting-edge software products. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of systems and software throughout our development process. Your technical duties involve the design and development of new software products throughout the product lifecycle.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
The Cyber Programs team primarily develops Binary Armor technology, a cross platform embedded software suite used in a wide range of programs. Join our team to help protect Internet of Things systems and critical infrastructure. Visit BinaryArmor.com to learn more about our commercial cybersecurity products
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience developing software in C++
- Understanding of Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Experience in Linux and embedded systems
- Experience in fault isolation and resolution in complex networked environments
- Cyber security experience and aptitude
- Operational Technology (OT) experience especially with SCADA protocol and control systems
- Software Product lifecycle development experience
- Electrical / Digital Design / Computer Engineering experience
- Experience with software tools for requirements tracking, code reviews, static analysis, library and artifact repository, and automated build
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
- Basic understanding of data structures
- Experience or certification with Cisco equipment and services
- Have a full understanding of routing, switching, server operating systems, firewalls, wireless controllers, DNS, virtual machines and software applications
- Experience with packet capture and analysis tools (Wireshark)
- Thorough understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Thorough understanding of certificate-based encryption over TLS
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $88,499.72 - $121,687.12
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.