Data Scientist 6 month contract with likely extensions or conversion.
Please note this position requires the successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and employment and education verification prior to starting work.
Seeking a Data Scientist to join a global AI product support team. This scientist will report to the Director of Global Data Science products. This position will play a critical role in the rollout of a global suite of AI products across consumer lending, business intelligence services and health product suite.
This role will cover a wide range of responsibilities with plenty of variation from week to week.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Product development
- Prototype new modeling methodologies for incorporation into global suite
- Work directly with ML engineering team to identify issues and guide them on requirements
- Write data pipelines / ETL for non-standard or new modeling use cases
- Build new dashboards and reports to provide insights to clients on model performance and impact, leveraging proprietary BI toolkit
- Help document methodologies, tool usage and business logic
- Client & user support
- Support client implementation teams executing complex modeling tasks on enterprise ML ops platform
- Perform complex/custom data engineering where needed to support strategic clients
- Train ML models for underwriting, targeting and other applications where needed
- Testing & QA
- Test new product features and algorithms and verify accurate implementation ahead of live release to global client base
- Implement bug-fixes and upgrades to client methodologies in credit-related business logic (e.g. Bureau Inferencing modifications etc.)
Valuable skills include
- Highly proficient writing data processing code with at least one SQL dialect (Spark SQL experience desirable but not required)
- Comfortable using Python and Jupyter notebooks with common open-source libraries for machine learning (MLlib, pytorch, sklearn, tensorflow all valuable)
- Understanding of credit risk modeling fundamentals
- Strong communication skills – able to talk to business users to understand and articulate issues requirements, as well as more technical developer audiences
- Strong data visualization skills – can present datasets to bring out insights & tell a story
- Self-starter willing to solve problems and ask the right questions, growth mindset
- Desirable: Familiarity with widely used credit risk assessment tools like FICO Model Builder and SAS
- Desirable: Understanding of the credit risk lifecycle from prospecting and acquisition to customer management and collections
No Corp to Corp
No third party candidates considered for this position
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
If you are interested in this position and feel you are qualified, please apply to JO#6604 along with your updated resume.