Design Phase Engineer
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Summary: Coordinate engineering effort with the RES engineering team and/or third-party engineering that provides designs of utility scale wind/solar/storage power plants
- Scope, schedule, and coordinate the engineering and design activities for:
- Early stage development projects
- Major bid/RFP opportunities
- EPC construction projects
- Assist with establishing and managing project engineering budget and scope expectations
- Create and maintain Request for Information (RFI) register with the document control system (Procore)
- Perform review of designs provided by Engineer of Record for compliance to technical specifications/requirements
- Identify and scope an engineering peer review of Engineer of Record design(s) with the RES engineering team (EPC and BOP/bid-build)
- Seek opportunities for value engineering and efficiencies in design
- Identify and quantify potential risks, contract clarifications, and exclusions
- Facilitate handovers to project teams when projects are won or transition to late stage development Design engineering / construction phase
- Coordinate and host engineering kick off meetings (client and internal)
- Assist PM with decision for procurement of engineering services
- Assist PM to establish Job codes / Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Project creation wizard (create folder structure and work order) for design/construction phase
- Assist construction project coordinator to set-up document control system (Procore)
- Manage technical documentation, drawings, specifications, submittals, and transmittals within the document control system (Procore)
- Upkeep design change log for periodic distribution to the Project Manager
- Setup and coordinate technical design review meetings
- Setup and coordinate Safety Thru Design review meetings
- Schedule and support organizing site visits for Engineering
- Assist Procurement with coordination of product and shop drawings submittals to the Engineer of Record for approval and client acceptance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Communication, internally and externally
- General Civil, Structural, Electrical, SCADA, and Mechanical Design
- General Design for Constructability
- Familiarity with Industry Standards
- Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Wind/Solar Power Plant Design
- Wind/Solar Power Plant Performance Analysis
- Project Scheduling Tools
- Detailed Design Software
- MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Construction Management or Civil, Structural, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years cumulative engineering experience with relevant wind/solar experience
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United State; however, we currently are not providing visa sponsorship or hiring individuals who will need visa sponsorship in the future.
Anticipated base salary range: $67,500- $102,000
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.