PowerAdvocate, a Verisk Analytics business, delivers data and insights that operators in the energy and natural resources industry use to improve business performance. Our core asset is our $5 trillion+ proprietary database and technology platform which we apply to solve some of the world’s most complex cost management challenges for our customers in the power, oil and gas, minerals, and renewable energy sectors.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
SUMMARY: Lead a client-facing team to develop and execute supply chain sourcing strategies for both low and highly engineered products, services and large capital projects. Develop strong client relationships to meet changing client and industry needs and to identify and capture new business opportunities. Help to grow the company through contributions to client solutions, sale of new business, and development of assigned team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: In addition to the following, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Lead Client Services team to deliver solutions to our energy clients, including industry best practices, benchmarking, market play books, category sourcing and negotiation approaches, capital project contract strategies and supplier relationship management.
- Drive the development and execution of cost-effective supply chain strategies
- Manage client relationships by effectively interfacing at all levels from the C-Suite to the Supply Chain, Project Management, Engineering and Business Development teams
- Ensure that client buying and engineering solutions maximize value for clients
- Identify opportunities to sell additional consulting services and products; partner with Global Sales to close the deal
- Demonstrated ability to lead a dynamic, cohesive team and to work effectively in a team environment
- Results driven; enjoys the challenge of a changing business environment
- Effective communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Willingness to travel 60- 80% of the time (post-COVID restrictions)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s a plus
- 10+ years of experience with Owners in or suppliers serving the energy industry, particularly in a Business Operations or Engineering function within at least two of the following sectors: Power, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical, Renewables, and Mining
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, project/time management and managerial skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for a large spectrum of clientele
- Proven success contributing to a team-oriented environment both as an individual contributor and a team leader
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on the needs of clients and PowerAdvocate
PowerAdvocate is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to PowerAdvocate, including unsolicited resumes sent to a PowerAdvocate business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to PowerAdvocate employees, will be considered Verisk property. PowerAdvocate will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for this position will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.