The purpose of the DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES is to ensure the efficient administration and management of all human resources functions including:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the recruitment process inclusive of posting and updating career opportunities; screening resumes and candidates; scheduling interviews with leaders and
department heads; administering pre-employment paperwork; conducting reference and background checks; extending offer to all final candidates.
• Interview and assess candidates based on needs defined by department hiring managers.
• Attend recruitment functions such as job fairs, career days, and other events to source candidates.
• Create legally compliant programs that increase employee engagement or morale.
• Train management on relevant managerial topics and associates on recommended training topics.
• Partner with multiple department managers to understand HR needs and develop long term solutions.
• Work with corporate human resources office on improving and enhancing standard operating procedures.
• Handle administration of new hire process, paperwork, and enter in HRIS.
• Address and respond to associate inquiries and issues immediately by tracking them and informing the General Manager.
• Addresses and resolves employee relations issues, involving corporate human resources when necessary.
• Advise department managers on employee matters.
• Place employment ads on various websites requested.
• Monitor worker's compensation claims, in conjunction with corporate risk department.
• Maintain and update bulletin boards in all associate areas and HR bulletin board.
• This position has a dotted line responsibility to the Vice President of Human Resources.
• Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
• Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
• Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
• Associate follows corporate and hotel brand standards.
• Willing to take an unpopular stand if necessary when complying with policies.
• Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
• Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
• Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions.
• Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
• Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
• Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
• Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
• Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
• Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
• Manages assignments and responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed.
• Strives to increase productivity.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
• Develops alternative solutions.
• Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
• Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
• Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
• Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.