“We Push the Boundaries of Possibilities for our Communities.”
Overview of the Position Responsibilities: The Legal Counsel position is responsible for providing legal and contract support primarily to the commercial management and sales functions. You will lead the preparation, review, drafting and negotiation of a variety of commercial agreements with customers and partners and provide legal support to Bluepeak. As a member of the legal team, you will advise commercial management, each of the services, construction, and sales organizations, and evaluate and develop contracting solutions that satisfy our business goals and those of our customers and/or vendors. If this sounds exciting, please read on. (This position is REMOTE and must be located within our markets of SD, ND, WY, OK, MN, CO, TX).
What You Will Do:
- Leads the preparation, review, drafting and negotiation of various customer and vendor contracts, including services agreements, purchase and license agreements, reseller and distribution agreements and utility agreements, working in coordination with commercial management, finance and the sales organizations
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating diverse contracts, including purchase, software license, sales, revenue share, consulting, and services agreements.
- Identifying and advising on the management of potential legal risks in all areas supported by the position and work to minimize legal exposures.
- Protecting and promoting the best interests of the company through the analysis of legal/contractual issues and the firm advocacy of the company’s position in negotiations with third parties.
- Maintaining up-to-date expertise on federal and state regulations governing publicly traded companies and the telecommunications industry.
- Providing legal support concerning all federal and state regulations and laws relating to privacy, security and protection of customer and company sensitive information.
- Supporting the company’s commercial, utility, franchise, etc agreements.
Coordinating with outside legal counsel and provide legal counsel to associates and officers.
Escalating and advising on unresolved issues to executive level as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Juris Doctorate Degree (JD) from an ABA - accredited law school Active State Bar License (in good standing) admitted to practice law in at least one state
- 3+ years related experience in corporate legal department
- 5 or more years of relevant legal experience General commercial and/or transactional law experience including drafting and negotiating licenses, technical service agreements, and other broad technology transfer arrangements preferred
- Commercial/Construction FTTH/Telco experience with a leading law firm
- Specific knowledge of federal and state regulations that impact the telecommunications or internet industry a strong must
- Upon job offer, must be able to complete background check and drug test prior to employment
- Ability to draft, review and negotiate contracts particularly focusing on Telcom or construction
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with and provide timely and effective advice to all levels of corporate stakeholders, business partners and customers
- Strong business acumen and analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise good business judgment and make sound decisions
- Ability to interact successfully with customers and vendors
- Intellectual curiosity and general interest in developing new skills
- Team orientated, with a willingness to jump in and support other team members
- Excellent judgment and be able to work independently and juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced high-growth environment while also working very closely with many other stakeholders at once
- Ability to shift gears quickly and acclimate to change seamlessly
- Collaborate well with others and sharing the spotlight
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Attention to detail and pride in work product
- Prior in-house experience a plus
- Sense of humor a plus
Why Work at Bluepeak?
- Competitive Compensation + Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, Including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k)
- Generous Vacation and Paid Sick Time + Paid Holidays and Personal Days
- Professional Development With an Emphasis on Internal Promotion
- Employee Discounts on Bluepeak Services, Including Internet
- Progressive and inclusive work culture in which our team has the flexibility, support, and resources to be successful in their careers!
We believe that the size of the city shouldn’t determine the quality of the technology. That’s why we are building for you: Faster, more reliable, and without the things that get in the way of great service—like red tape, hidden fees, and slow response times. And with up to 5 gigabits of speed for residential customers and 10 gigabits for businesses, we are whole new ballgame- from internet to TV, to connecting every device in your home, to powering your business, we’re not only providing the best fiber connections in your community, but we’re also meeting the growing needs for how you live.