Base Salary: $145-155K plus benefits
6+ years of IT experience
5+ years of IT Management/Directorship experience managing / leading teams composed of service desk, infrastructure support, and application developers
Experience with budgeting, ROI, forecasting, yearly reviews of staff, purchasing, project proposals, strategic planning, and vendor management
SME in workflow automation and continuous improvement of systems and processes
Advanced knowledge of IT systems, network administration, network security, network protocols, database frameworks, and cybersecurity methods
Understanding of Windows 10, MAC OS, AWS, Microsoft Office 365, Google Suite, Windows Server 2012, TCP/IP, application and software development, business analysis, management, basic network troubleshooting, and hardware troubleshooting
Conduct annual audits and evaluation of services as compared to other consulting services in the area
Oversee information systems security including creating a policy and risk management framework including vulnerability management and threat analysis
Strong experience working with project management tools
Adaptability to work under pressure, sometimes with competing deadlines, and schedules
Experience with website technologies and relational databases
Experience working in IT for an eCommerce company
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Technology or related discipline
Training in Agile Development, SCRUM, Lean Principles, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies
Day to Day:
Insight Global is looking for a Director of Technology (DOT) for a multimedia publisher specializing in spirituality, holistic living, and transformational learning. You will lead the organization’s overall IT strategic vision, including overseeing our technology managed service partnership and execution of technology solutions which span complex business operations, data, security, and information services. This role will work with various business units and support teams to leverage the clients content, user information, and overall business performance analytics. You will be a critical member of the leadership team, report to the CEO, and be responsible for scaling their business and stabilizing their technical infrastructure to help share their content with the world.
The DOT oversees IT and Application Engineering divisions, while establishing and maintaining vendor/contractor partnerships to provide exceptional technology service internally and externally. You will demonstrate leadership around internal technical software/platform evaluations, manage staging environments as needed, work with employees and contractors to resolve technical problems, create new solutions, and prevent core issues from repeating while consistently assessing risks. The DOT supports critical profitability goals while managing the budget, partners with technology consultants to stay ahead of emerging technologies and keep them competitive, and oversees their managed service program with various consultants, integrators and contractors to drive high performance and quality.
- Strong track record of people leadership, especially overseeing and developing people and teams with a “servant leadership” practice
- Relationship Intelligence: Directly manage IT and Applications Engineering divisions to help them grow in their career paths and provide autonomy to support their personal growth. Support documentation around each tech role to promote role clarity (ease of onboarding as we grow). Establishes critical tech partnerships to fill gaps and keep the company aligned with best practices and meet core needs to help the company scale.
- Driven Solution Leader: Commitment to effectively solve problems quickly with workarounds as needed, while determining the root cause to implement changes to stop the issue(s) from repeating in the future. Ability to think creatively, seek input and feedback from others when seeking possible solutions. Highly experienced with risk management to sustain reliability of our tech. Highly skilled in communicating at all levels of the organization (technical and non-technical, leadership and lower level employees).
- IT Leader: Owns the IT and App Engineering escalation process, including off hours problem resolution, to resolve technical issues within agreed time frames. Execute, monitor and enforce the IT governance, incident investigations, service level agreements (SLA’s), standards and policies across the organization. Oversee managed service partnership, performance metrics and costs; conduct annual audits and evaluation of services as compared to other consulting services in the area. Provide technical leadership around Tier 1 - 3 managed IT services.
- ROI Analyst: Collaborate with various internal teams to define and accomplish financial objectives, including forecasts, budgeting, and trending analysis. Drive and oversee ROI analysis, financial forecasting and costs related to IT support and services. Communicate yearly Tech roadmaps to leadership.
- Team Player: Servant people leader with the leadership team, Strategic Finance, Ops Scalability, Product management, eComm, Audio/Video teams, Customer Service, Marketing and other business teams, to deliver a best-in-class customer technical experience. Lead, mentor, and develop a team of employees, contractors and partners to effectively deliver services for internal teams as well as end customers. Ensure Sounds True has the highest quality of technology services to deliver our content to customers across various product lines.
- Innovation: Execute the overall IT Architecture for the client which will guide the technical vision, lifecycle and roadmap to assist all aspects of their customers and internal operations. Collaborate with tech consultants to ensure our development needs are being met overall. Includes supporting growth of new business lines and migrating Sounds True existing products to stable technology platforms, software and systems. Collaborate with critical development teams to ensure we are receiving best in class service/solutions.
- Automation: Partner with the Operations Scalability VP to evaluate/recommend/implement business system solutions for short and long-term operational improvement and automation. Includes opportunities around AI, machine learning, and system integration with APIs.
- Internal Software Management (Tech Ops IT): Develop requirements for workflow processes for internal software platforms using best practices from continuous improvement methodologies. Researches, recommends and implements strategies and/or hardware/software enhancements to increase employee productivity by studying organization goals and strategies.
- Risk Analysis and Recovery: Oversee information systems security including creating a policy and risk management framework including vulnerability management and threat analysis. Ensures corporate IT activities are well-planned and on track.
- Data Management/Integrity: Support Ops Scalability in rolling out a Data Warehouse, implementing replacement software platforms (ERP, Metadata, Project mgmt tool, etc), and supporting our Cybrarian when implementing a Data Asset Management (DAM) solution.