Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position supports the strategic planning and initiatives of the organization across the executive leadership as well as across all departments by partnering with sales and client management, product, strategy, and marketing leaders to lead a team that directs and oversees qualitative and quantitative research projects, transforming data into purposeful information that is understandable, accurate, relevant and actionable.
- Direct all activities of the Pharmacy and Government Insights team including the direct supervision of the market insights and analysis staff
- Develop relationships with key leaders and senior executives to drive a research agenda and plan that aligns to business and corporate strategy
- Direct all primary and secondary research by overseeing the entire research process, defining the research scope and budget, selection of appropriate research methodologies, survey development, focus group scripting and interview guide development, management of research vendor relations, interpretation and analysis of data using standard statistical tools, as well as report development, communication and presentation of research findings to non-technical audiences
- Conduct and analyze market research and competitive intelligence across the employer, payer, government, pharmacy benefit management, life sciences, and consumer markets
- Utilize standard frameworks (e.g. Porter’s Five Forces, SWOT, Market Maps) to create actionable research findings
- Develop and maintain market research plan assuring delivery of research on time and within budget and recommend changes in the organization of the marketing intelligence group to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing research problems and opportunities
- Develop and oversee the internal systems, templates, and tools to maximize the efficient delivery of market intelligence
- Support other strategy development, business planning and execution management activities
The position will receive guidance from the executive leadership across OptumInsight, OptumHealth and corporate functions, but will be largely responsible for operating independently.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in research, marketing or business management
- 10 years of experience in market research team or leading a sizeable research effort for a large healthcare organization
- 7 years of experience at a healthcare or professional services firm
- Demonstrable experience with primary and secondary research methodologies and statistical tools
- Experience leading direct team
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and market research tool
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- MBA/MHA or clinical degree (MD/DO, MSN) degree
- Expertise in market sizing and quantitative methods
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry, especially health insurance, pharmaceuticals, regulatory dynamics, and the pharmacy benefit management space
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Pharmacy, Government Market Insights, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Boston, MA