At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 140 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 6-10 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Software, Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from a traditional college or university.
- You must be a US Citizen or US Person
- Experience with C and C++ programming with exposure to embedded programming and/or robotics
- Real-Time Embedded Software development experience with the entire Systems Engineering development lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Implementation, Test & Release)
- Hardware / Software integration and test experience
- Experience interfacing with analysis & design disciplines
- Experience with Object Oriented Design
- Experience with Linux
- Embraces lean-agile development and shared design philosophy
- Understanding of Software Configuration Management practices and tools such as git
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Summary Salary Range (Colorado Only)
$117,918 - $184,320
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in addition to base pay.
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Discretionary annual incentive bonus for eligible employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Additionally, most salaried ULA team members work a “9/80 schedule,” meaning they enjoy every other Friday off.
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
COVID Vaccination Policy. ULA has adopted a vaccination policy to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All prospective, newly hired, and/or onboarding employees must receive the COVID-19 vaccination, in full, and must receive at least the first dose (if part of a two-dose vaccine) prior to their start date with ULA. Vaccination is required as a condition of employment, unless otherwise exempted by approved reasonable accommodation.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster ( English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).