Position Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Salary: $125,000 - $140,000 (Depending on Experience) + Bonus
- Support business development efforts with current and potential customers, and development and implementation of both site and global Manufacturing Engineering & Technology strategies.
- Holds functional accountability for the establishment of optimal manufacturing methods and processes for site operations.
- Lead and motivate a group of Engineers, Technicians, and Programmers whose primary responsibility is to define and implement complete manufacturing processes that meet or exceed customer and business needs.
- Builds People, the Team, and the Organization. Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis. Actively manage the Engineering Skills Inventory (ESI) for the site team and use for planning.
- Empower and drive individuals and the team to continuously improve themselves to grow as well as improve the business.
- Drives Innovation & Growth in partnering with site GM and leadership team to define, develop and implement a technical Site Transformation Plan aligned with group and corporate strategies and roadmaps.
- Charts the Course and encourages the team to look at new technologies and methods both within the company and externally via benchmarking, research, and networking.
- Be the technical lead and “service provider” for the site general manager and be an active member of the site leadership staff. Drive high service level for site through engineering team.
- Lead engineering support to help meet or exceed targets in safety, quality, and delivery for the site.
- Build problem solving capability in team to develop solutions to customer and site pain points.
- Identify creative ways to improve productivity and reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems including driving CIP/COGS savings for site.
- Lead with and through team the NPI initiatives for the site. Ensure prioritized projects are well defined with plans and then staffed appropriately cross functionally and then executed.
- Own manage, and improve engineering documentation and systems for the site including: BOMs, routings, item masters; In process drawings & work instructions; CNC and other automation programs; PFMEAs (Own) and Measurement/Inspection Plans (with Quality)
- Lead and own the technical piece of quote preparation for new and potential customers.
- Lead equipment evaluations following corporate guidance and lead CAPEX executions following CAPEX process and leveraging project tools - development of equipment specifications, justifications, quoting, purchase agreements, and project planning, execution, and launch on time and to budget.
- Partner with site GM and controller to own site CAPEX plan and connection to corporate process and prioritization.
- Actively own process design, development, validation, and launch for the site including IQ/OQ/PQ through validations and launch.
- Ensure technical leadership through Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFMA) efforts.
- Utilize and leverage the company Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team as well as Communities of Practice (CoPs) to ensure targeted and useful support to the site and group.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering degree (Mechanical or Manufacturing Preferred); Master’s degree Preferred
- 7+ years of related experience in discrete manufacturing environments that includes precision machining; Medical or aerospace experience are ideal environments.
- 2+ years of technical management experience preferred.
- Basic financial acumen preferred – P&L knowledge, cost management, capital budgeting
- Extensive knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering philosophies and processes including methods and standards.
- Prefer experience operating in lean manufacturing environments – proven practitioner ideal.
- Experience managing projects large and complex in scope – PMP certification past or present a plus with ability to manage a portfolio of site projects through team effectively.
- Proven track record in communication – verbal, written, and active listening.
- Ability to coach and mentor the technical team with emphasis on teamwork, simplicity, prioritization & execution, accountability, and building other leaders.
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K + Matching
- Relocation Assistance (Applicable if needed)
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.