Opportunity: Engineering Supervisor
Perform general maintenance functions to ensure guest service and sustainability standards are achieved and maintained throughout the hotel structure.
Potential Career Path
Chief Engineer Area Chief Engineer Regional Director of Engineering
Essential Job Functions
- Assist Chief Engineer in interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, coaching and supporting associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Manage and coordinate bids, quotes and contracts for 3rd party vendors.
- Oversee small projects, or PIPS, and manage and report on the work progress.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures.
- Install, replace, and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis and complete work orders as necessary; keep accurate records of PMs on all rooms and equipment.
- Maintain the building exterior and curb appeal of entire hotel grounds.
- Refurbish, paint and finish furniture and fixtures as needed.
- Test, examine, and maintain hotels life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records and coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHMs EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow. MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma and/or trade school course work in related field preferred.
- Previous engineer/maintenance experience required or equivalent training.
- Local or state certifications may be required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends or alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability Hearts That Serve Only Excellence Stay Nimble - Own It.
Discover contemporary style and upscale amenities at Renaissance Denver Central Park Hotel. Conveniently situated between downtown and Denver International Airport, our trendy hotel offers a relaxing escape in a prime location. Retreat to our tech-enabled rooms and suites, each with plug-in panels and Bluetooth-equipped TVs. Many of our chic rooms offer views of the Colorado mountains and downtown Denver skyline. Satisfy your hunger with delicious regional American cuisine at our restaurant, Fifty300, or gather in our lounge for cocktails. If a meeting, social gala, or wedding brings you to the Central Park neighborhood, our updated venues, custom catering, and expert staff will help make your event a memorable success. When it's time to explore, the Denver Botanical Gardens, Dicks Sporting Goods Park, and the Denver Zoo are just minutes away, with the light rail station nearby. Whether traveling for work or enjoying a getaway, we look forward to welcoming you to our modern luxury Denver, Colorado hotel.