· Are you passionate about engaging with business leaders to deliver amazing organizational results?
· Is your day better when you feel like you have contributed in a meaningful way?
· Do you thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment?
· Do you love pets? Do you want to personally contribute to better pet health and wellness?
Come join the fastest growing premium pet food company in the country! We are hiring an experienced Executive Assistant / Receptionist to support the executive team in our Denver Colorado headquarters.
In the role of Executive Assistant/Receptionist, you will be critical in enabling the entire organization to execute its next level of growth and success. We are seeking an experienced, versatile, and highly skilled administrative professional with a strong track record of supporting senior executives.
This role requires a detail oriented, self-motivated professional that can manage a heavy workload while prioritizing complex tasks in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate operates with extreme organization, intense attention to detail, a keen ability to anticipate needs rather than wait for directions.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Calendar / Time Management : Manages and coordinates complex and often-changing calendars; remain aware of current priorities and long-term schedules to best maximize time effectiveness. Proactively confirms meetings and delivers prep materials to facilitate smooth scheduling.
- Travel Management : Arrange complex travel for executive team; coordinates all details for ground transportation, hotels, restaurant reservations, with addresses and directions for all locations. Ensure all details are included in calendar.
- Group and Candidate Travel Management : Arranges candidate and group travel for meetings, events, and customer visits.
- Meeting Preparation: Schedules/coordinates internal and external meetings/events to include meeting set-up, food, snacks, materials, pre-meeting communication, confirmation of travel and meeting logistics.
- Telephone and Written Inquiries: Receives and screens inquires and telephone calls. Uses independent judgment to determine priority and sensitivity of inquiries and responses. Must be capable of handling contacts from high-ranking individuals from external organizations such as board members, customers and vendors which will require judgment and discretion.
- Administrative tasks: Supports executives by handling a wide variety of situations involving the administrative functions of the office. May include c ollecting, compiling, and analyzing information, composing, and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, preparing presentations. Reads and answers correspondence, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member. May be asked to take meeting notes, capture action items and follow-up on deliverables at executive meetings.
- Reception Functions Greets visitors, customers, vendors, and employees and makes them feel welcome in the Denver facility.
- Denver HQ Management: Keeps Denver office stocked with supplies. Pays invoices and oversees the daily operations of the corporate headquarters.
- Project Management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. (This is not intended to be a fully exhaustive list of job functions.)
· Education: Bachelor’s degree (or a combination of education and experience may be substituted).
· Experience: Five years as an Administrative Assistant.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment and/or food and beverage manufacturing is preferred but not required.
· Demonstrated examples of creative problem solving to accomplish the desired business results.
· Strong action orientation and self-direction. Proven ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment which requires strong time management and organizational skills. Attention to detail, follow through and deadline orientation are essential skills. Demonstrated ability to make decisions and proactively anticipate needs rather than waiting to be given directions.
· Technically capable including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, teams, zoom and other collaboration tools.
· Excellent interpersonal, influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills. Solid verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrates emotional maturity including the ability to de-escalate situations, maintain a calm demeanor, provide discretion, and handle sensitive and confidential information and tasks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals to perform the essential functions.)
The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel, to manipulate keys on a keyboard and view data on a computer screen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb stairs, walk, reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Some travel and overnight stays are possible but infrequent.
E NVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals to perform the essential functions).
Occasional extended work hours may be required. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers). The job is performed under a generally hazard free standard office environment.