Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About this role
What will you be responsible for?
Provide financial insights through data and analytics that enable business decisions and timely action. Provide leaders with tools and information to lead and forecast functional financial needs, handle associated actual, budget and forecasted costs and monitor key financial metrics.
Through this position:
- Oversee the development and execution of standard methodology data analytics that provide insights into financial and operational opportunities to allow senior management to make informed decisions on company performance and profitability and drive value enhancing strategies and improvements.
- Direct and/ or support the execution of continuous improvement initiatives to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance analytics organization. This includes collaborating with cross functional groups to implement and standardize systems and processes
- Advise on the development, utilization, and support of various Business Planning and Consolidation and SAP systems and tools so that financial data can be consistently and accurately produced and analyzed. We provide mentorship and leadership to develop standard methodology system processes and techniques.
- Standardize global functional support cost reporting and treatment to provide consistent reliable data to senior management.
- Provide subject matter authority advice on global cost reporting practices and business partner support.
In this role you will
Your role will consist of
Here is a snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
- We apply data analytics and in-depth finance and accounting knowledge to create meaningful insights and conclusions from financial information. Understand underlying drivers and operational assumptions of actual, forecasted and planned financial results and build effective strategies and reporting tools to communicate the business insights to decision makers.
- We build and maintain a global standard for functional support costs and treatment including the data collection process for functional support cost centers and identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to the process to allow more effective, consistent and reliable data modeling and analysis.
- We build and maintain solid understanding of reporting needs within the functional support units and regions. We build and maintain reports and analysis crafted to meet functional business partner needs and provide insights for better-informed business decisions.
- We direct and support scenario analysis to better advise the organization and business partners.
- Other tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- We run delivery of ad hoc analysis and reporting to Executive and Finance leadership through the understanding of Newmont’s strategy and business
- We utilize data analytics and benchmarking to help drive better informed spending decisions
- We develop corporate allocation tracking and enhancing methodology through effective data and business analysis
- We lead the sustainable and continuous transformation of Newmont’s financial analytics functions to the status of “Best Practice”. We establish expectations and plans for companywide analytics initiatives including definition of the process, cycles, roles, and timing. We define and communicate key performance measurements, targets and goals.
- We serve as a lead member of the BPC Governance Committee and Finance Master Data Committee that reviews and approve critical improvements to the Company’s key financial systems
- We partner with Business Planning to establish processes and tools that compliment the enterprise business planning process
- We collaborate with functional leader of the Finance Analytics team focusing on key initiatives, reporting deliverables, and improving the overall quality of Finance Analytics results.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your Training, Skills, & Experience checklist
Here is what we would need to see from you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA, CFA or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years including 4 years of experience in a corporate head office financial planning or finance function of combined hands-on experience using sophisticated financial software and finance experience.
- Hands-on experience in working and developing BPC products or other similar technology.
- Validated experience in the mining industry preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
- Experience building and using forecast and predictive analytic models
- Prior experience with economic and scenario planning
- Ability to do complex analytical work at both a big picture and very detailed level and communicate strategic insight from large and unstructured data sets.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and other MS office software and experience working with end user Business Intelligence and data visualization tools like Tableau
- Ability to work within a multinational corporation with people from various cultures and areas of the business.
- The work is complex in nature and the role requires initiative, tact, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to nurture positive relationships.
Working conditions & location
Where you will be located!
- The position is located in the Denver corporate office.
- Position is required to travel to both domestic and international regional office and site locations on a periodic basis.
- Telephone calls and web-based meetings before and/or after normal business hours are required.
The salary range offered for this role is $127,360 to 167,160. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance. This role also will be eligible for participation in a discretionary long-term incentive program, pursuant to which an employee may receive awards based on their level and individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.