Requisition ID: 135746
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Srevices (DES) Group based in Lone Tree, CO. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will work on an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis, design, and estimates in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.
You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position will be based out of Lone Tree, CO and includes travel to project offices and work sites.
- Support of the bid phase development of innovative and cost-effective design
- Working within the pursuit team during the bid phase to help identify key design risks and develop plans to mitigate risks
- Support efforts to capture and spread design lessons learned knowledge to all Districts
- Support efforts to develop and spread design innovation knowledge to all Districts
- Work with the interdisciplinary engineering team and design subcontractors to ensure the most cost-effective design is developed
- Train and develop junior engineers
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering; Master’s degree or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred
- 10+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience with infrastructure transportation related projects, 15+ preferred
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S
- Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering
- Experience with design of retaining walls, support of excavation, earth retention, slope stability, rock mechanics, soft soils, ground improvement, deep foundations, shallow foundations, dewatering, and Seismic engineering is an asset.
- Experience working in a team setting and directing the work of others
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
- Ability to travel to project sites
- EPC or Design-Build experience, preferred
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
Base Compensation: $110,267 - $145,000+
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.