Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :10088
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Sales / Business Development
Work Location :Denver, CO
State or Province :Colorado (US-CO)
Compensation starting at $65,989.00 minimum and up commensurate with experience.
Benefits may include: paid time away including holidays and parental leave, medical and dental plans, retirement savings plans with company-match, disability and life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, recognition and service award programs, wellness and workplace flexibility programs, stock purchase plan, and product discounts (Benefits may vary by location).
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY
Associate must spend 90% of their time on Government Opportunities and Government Accounts must account for at least 75% of the Total Portfolio. Sells, under general supervision, MSC products and services to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales and profit goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sells, under general supervision, MSC products, services, and value adds by interacting with established and prospective customers to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales and profit goals.
- Ensures growth of sales, identifies and develops under close guidance new prospects and grows business to contribute to the achievement of corporate sales goals.
- Manages, to ensure excellent customer relations. Responds to customer needs, consistent with MSC standards, culture, and business practices. Consults with manager to identify and implement solutions to problems.
- Demonstrates teamwork to ensure achievement of team and corporate sales goals.
- Maintains sales records and generates relevant market/sales reports for MSC management as needed.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Develops a personal business plan under general management supervision to establish personal annual goals.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the branch and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s Mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree or the equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years outside sales experience is required.
- Government sales experience is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of procurement processes and knowledge of sales theory/skills is required.
- Excellent communications skills are required.
- Basic computer literacy desired.
- 90% of an OSA’s time must be spent on Government – Federal, State or local Government, USPS, or Federal Government contractors; with a maximum of 10% on commercial accounts.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Position requires daily local travel within branch or market territory.
- Occasional overnight travel is also required.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and Disabled as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Sales Representative, Location: Denver, CO - 80217