Glebewood Consulting is looking for an HCD & Product Management Coach to join our Transformation team within an Agency-wide Agile Center of Excellence. This is a highly challenging role focused on Training development and delivery in the areas of Product Management and Human-Centered Design.
In addition to training, the role requires experience in Product coaching, Team coaching, Workshop Facilitation, and delivery coordination. Process Re-Engineering, Continuous Improvement, and most importantly, defining Agile solutions that work for our clients.
The individual must have a proven track record of training and transforming programs to implement common Agile Frameworks eg. Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe and solid Human-Centered Design practices.
The day-to-day role will be dynamic, addressing multiple customer priorities. The overall focus will be on leading the transformation of software product delivery practices by coaching Program teams in Agile methods with a heavy emphasis on training and workshops.
This candidate may also work as a lead coach or in project management/deputy program management roles; experience leading teams of professionals is a plus.
This role is 80% remote with a mix of work from home and time in the corporate office with occasional time at the client site following the pandemic, thus the individual must possess exceptional communication and meeting facilitation skills, in-person and virtual.
This is a fully-funded position and we actively hiring for an immediate start.
- Facilitate multi-day training and short workshops for Product Management and HCD Specialists in support of our Product Management Cohort
- Co-facilitate Design sprints or Product discovery sessions, creating new content experiences and guiding others in the process
- Support the Product Owners and Product Manager in building and refining a stable, known, prioritized team backlog, and coaches the PO/PM and teams in effective techniques for building a backlog that complements iterative, frequent delivery of value
- Lead workshops and program-level Agile ceremonies
- Translate complex ideas into understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product experience
- Advocate for the customer through human-centered design methods, ensuring our products speak their language
- Create design-centered approaches grounded in product research and analysis
- Adhering to compliance requirements using natural language, content and accessibility standards
- Coach product managers, HCD specialists, UX designers, and visual designers on industry best practices, and guidelines; while creating innovative approaches for adoption.
- Develop measurements for minimal marketable features or minimal viable products to provide insight for feature development
- Identify poorly defined problem statements and outline high-level approaches to remedy ability to read between the lines of client needs strong attention to detail.
- Partner with experts to craft and drive long-term business strategy.
- Facilitate government transformation of organizational governance functions to enable the adoption of Agile processes and practices by the development teams
- Proactively identify organizational gaps and impediments, and develop recommendations and resources to support transformation
- Provide hands-on coaching and consulting in programs to work with agile programs to identify gaps in agile practices, and facilitate improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ Years experience training agile concepts through formal training (virtual or classroom) or conducting workshops or Performing in the role of a Human-Centered Design Specialist
- 2+ Years of experience as an Agile Transformation Consultant or Agile Coach leading Organizational or Program-Level Agile transformation and adoption within federal and commercial environments
- 3+ years of Agile experience with leading scrum teams and all ceremonies (daily standup meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospective, creation of user stories, maintenance of dashboards, tracking and managing work in progress, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with an Agile framework or methodology (Scrum, SAFe, LeSS, Kanban, etc)
- 5-7 years professional experience
- Solid understanding and experience with Agile Scaling Frameworks eg. Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Familiar with Agile lifecycle Management (ALM) tools including JIRA, Confluence, Agile Central, Leankit, and similar tools
- Experience working with multiple teams and multiple frameworks (eg, Kanban, Scrum, SAFe, etc.).
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life-cycle and the Project Management Life-cycle.
- Ability to identify and articulate “the why” behind process improvements or recommendation
- Demonstrated ability to introduce and implement practices to facilitate inter-team dependency management, requirements elicitation, and planning with agile and non-agile teams.
- Experience implementing and continually improving Agile principles and practices, and coaching the customer on the recommended approach or a Background in Human-Centered Design (HCD) and a deep understanding of driving customer-centricity within Agile Programs preferred
- Innovative thinking – ability to learn new tools and techniques and apply them to the program
- Knowledge of working within Federal contracting constraints and supporting programs that have a significant contractor presence
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- One or more Expert-level Agile certification(s) Preferred - SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP), etc. - Scaled Agile Framework experience preferred (can be met with basic certifications and demonstrated professional experience)
We offer a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to our employees, including:
- Technology credit for Bring Your Own Device or corporate computer
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the employee and dependents
- Retirement saving plan with employer matching
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Paid training and learning credits
- Short-term and long term disability
- Life Insurance
Glebewood Consulting is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Glebewood is a Veteran friendly employer.