Parsyl is a data-powered insurance and risk management provider for essential supply chains in food and health. Our mission is to end the days of "ship and pray" and build a world where everyone, everywhere can trust the quality of the goods they rely on, from the foods they eat to the medicines they need.
We are working to achieve this by combining smart sensors, data insights, and data-driven insurance to improve risk resiliency and safeguard goods in transit and storage. This unique combination of IoT and insurance means our customers can use data to make supply chains more transparent, safe and sustainable - better for people and the planet. Parsyl was recognized as a "Best Small Company to Work For" by BuiltIn Colorado in 2022.
What You Bring to Parsyl
We are creating a mission-driven team that aims to transform the essential supply chain industry. You will lead processes for the production of Parsyl's hardware product line, including Parsyl Trek sensing devices and the Parsyl Passport gateway device.
You are a good fit for this position if you have a background in international electronics manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, and inventory management. You'll have strong communication skills and use them to build strong internal relationships and drive alignment across teams. You'll foster relationships with third party partners and providers and implement manufacturing best practices from the ground up to drive efficiencies in our supply chain. You have savvy commercial acumen to negotiate a balanced commercial arrangement for the company. You're an experienced self-starter willing to get your hands dirty in the day to day details of both management and execution.
In this role, you'll be responsible for everything related to manufacturing our sensing devices.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Manage our relationship with contract manufacturers, including developing strong relationships with their management, ensuring clear pathways of communication between the contract manufacturer and all Parsyl teams and suppliers/vendors, and leading Quarterly Business Review, weekly tactical meetings and strategic conversations
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams throughout the lifecycle of hardware products, including new product introduction, ongoing product and process improvements, and end of life.
- Ensure contract manufacturers consistently meet or exceed delivery schedules and quality standards.
- Coordinate with the Fulfillment team to ensure on-time, accurate fulfillment done directly from our contract manufacturer to our customers.
- Own parts procurement strategy and execution, including managing suppliers where appropriate.
- Liaise with finance and sales on forecasting through NetSuite to ensure that we have a strong plan that incorporates sales demand, component lead time, contract manufacturing partner's volume expectations, parts supplier expectations, and our inventory goals.
- Develop and execute on inventory strategy to balance budget and lead times.
- Work with Finance to ensure efficient reconciliation among contract manufacturers' invoices, production and shipment delivery.
- Ensure that contract manufacturers' contractual obligations are met which include production and capacity commitments, logistics obligations, raw material availability and finished goods quality.
- Own internal communication related to manufacturing, including build plans, build risks, and inventory status.
- Understand how manufacturing supports our business strategy and ensure that they are aligned.
Parsyl is committed to cultivating a diverse pool of candidates interested in joining a mission-driven company. We are building an inclusive team at Parsyl that welcomes different perspectives and creative ideas in order to best achieve our mission of ending the days of "ship and pray" and serving our customers.
What we're looking for:
- 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (ideally in electronics)
- Experience managing complex global supply chains and overseas partners
- Familiarity with major distributors of electronic components, as well as an understanding of hardware component supply chains, lead times, and sourcing idiosyncrasies
- Understanding of global electronics manufacturing best practices
- Skilled at developing relationships with partners and vendors
- Experienced in contract and procurement negotiations
- Experience in effective communication and collaboration with senior company leadership
- Willingness to travel (up to 20% of time) to support onsite at our contract manufacturing partner, currently based in Thailand.
- Strong preference for candidates located in the Denver Metropolitan Area, but we will consider candidates willing to travel to Denver (around an additional 20% of time).
*Parsyl requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless they qualify for a religious or medical accommodation
It's a bonus if you also have:
- Experience with "Internet of Things" industry and technology landscape
- Familiarity with forecasting through NetSuite
Market competitive salary with an anticipated base compensation range of $120,000-$150,000. Actual salaries will vary depending on a candidate's experience, qualifications, and skills.
Additional Financial Benefits include:
- Stock options
- 401(k) including company match
Health and Wellness Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance effective on your start date (100% of medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees and 75% of premiums for dependents based on a solid, mid-tier plan)
- Six weeks of fully paid leave family and/or medical leave
- Monthly wellness benefit of $100 per month
Time-off and Vacation Benefits include:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Company Breaks - quarterly mental health days, week long summer break, two week long winter break
- Paid sabbatical program
Additional Work Environment Benefits include:
- Significant career growth opportunities and continuing education stipend
- Commuter benefit of $100 per month for public transportation or parking costs
- Home office set-up stipend of up to $1000
- Relocation assistance available (Denver, CO candidates or candidates willing to relocate strongly preferred)