KUSA, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Denver, CO, has an opening for an experienced, versatile Head of Technology and Operations. This position will report directly to the Regional Head of Technology and Operations.
We are looking for proven leader with strong technical judgment, effective communication skills, possessing an understanding of current and future technology needs with a passion for innovation.
Pay range: $105,000 - $140,000
The Head of Technology and Operations is responsible for leading the Engineering, Production, and Information Technology teams, which supports the overall KUSA, KTVD, TEGNA Design Tank, TEGNA Commercial Operations, and Daily Blast Live broadcast technologies in a 24/7/365 environment. This position is responsible for (including but not limited to):
- Managing short-and-long term technology strategy.
- Day-to-day operations including equipment integration, maintenance for the core infrastructure, studios, control rooms, facility, post-production, and transmission for all live programming.
- Oversee compliance of FCC rules and regulations.
- Manage compliance of critical security policies, including Account, Password Security, Vulnerability Protection, Virus Protection, Untrusted Network, and IT Incident Reporting policies.
- Manage Business Continuity and Disaster Contingency plans.
- Maintain financial responsibility for the Engineering and Production Departments including - expense budgeting, approvals, and reviews.
- Monitors and creatively scrutinizes daily on-air technical quality.
- Leads workflow improvements for both on-air and online products.
- Manages vendor contracts including technology, building maintenance, security, and janitorial services.
- Leads capital planning and submission process for station.
- Leads project planning and project management for station wide initiatives.
- Strong customer service skills and unfailing professionalism. Demonstrate impeccable written and verbal communication and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated strong leadership with a focus on team management
- Understanding of IT processes including security, workflow, and management
- In-depth knowledge of broadcast technologies including: ENPS Newsroom Systems, Production Control Room Automation, RF Transmission, Broadcast Switchers, Router Systems, Field Cameras, Signal Path Workflows.
- Demonstrated strong project management experience.
- Ability to work well and make quick decisions under pressure.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years' experience in a broadcast operations/technology management role.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.