Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best summer vacation destination, play in the outdoors and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guests service with a friendly attitude, then you’re ready to join our team. If you’re dream job includes working in the sunshine, interacting with guests, rewarding work, rides on a mountain coaster, employee parties and more, we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
The Steamboat Grand Hotel is looking for a Hotel Banquet Houseperson to set up conference areas for all their upcoming events. If you have excellent math skills, enjoy physical work and have a food and beverage background, please apply!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Responsible for the complete, accurate, and timely set-up and tear-down of all event locations
• Responsible for the complete care and maintenance of all function space
• Responsible for the organization and cleaning of all back of the house space
• Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times
• Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous efficient manner
• Follow established health and safety procedures for using cleaning chemicals and adhere to all safety policies
• Assist the banquet department during functions as needed
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
• Basic knowledge and skills in a routine banquet environment, desirable
• Must understand and expedite room set diagrams
• Knowledge of banquet room set up types, required
• Must have basic math skills for measurements of equipment and space and how to best utilize
• Prior food and beverage experience, required
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp Service Excellence standards
• Must be minimum 18 years of age
• Must lift up to 60 lbs. or more on a regular basis
• Must push carts up to 200 lbs
• Must stand and walk for long periods of time
• Will work both indoors and outdoors
• Must perform work (physical labor) that includes: continual lifting, moving of tables, chairs, stages and dance floors
• This is a hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay range: $9.30 per hour + Tips
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer