Starting Rate: $20.00
Reports To: Engineering Mgr. & Operations Mgr.
The Hotel Maintenance Tech is responsible for the day-to-day building maintenance, and occasional weather-related snow removal if needed.
Job Requirements Essential Responsibilities:
- Routine interior painting (brush & roller).
- Occasional drywall-patching.
- Clearing minor drain clogs.
- Changing light bulbs.
- Minor electrical fixes, bath & shower caulking, and other related hotel room maintenance activities, using hand or power tools.
- Replacing air filters, & batteries.
- Replacing broken door hardware, loose hinges, tightening fasteners.
- Adjusting thermostats & reading room temperatures using a hand-held thermometer to provide consistent heating, cooling, and hot water for guests.
- Respond to all alarm systems in the hotel including but not limited to fire panel, weather emergencies.
- Maintaining mechanical equipment (checking fan operation, electric pump motors, reading error codes on commercial laundry equipment, re-lighting restaurant cooking stove pilot lights.)
- Checking telephone connections, and computer cords.
- Assists with some housekeeping and janitorial duties on occasion as need arises.
- Must maintain a clean, professional, well-groomed personal appearance.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Able to interpret and use written measurements, numbered markings and readings.
- Able to read, understand & remember written instructions, safety rules, warnings, etc.
- Able to read and understand diagrams, floorplan drawings, etc.
- Ability to safely move around in tight spaces, & near machinery or moving parts.
- Ability to access ceiling spaces, or crawl spaces, on ladders, or under floors.
- Occasionally taking instructions and helping other hotel staff members from other departments if needed.
- Maintaining work productivity with minimal supervision (self-managed).
- Always on time & good time management skills.
- Minor, basic computer knowledge.
- Able to write clearly and keep a written record of daily events in the logbook.
- Able to safely lift, load, and move heavy materials (50 lbs.) and bulky items on occasion.
- Able to use hands, arms, fingers, legs, eyes & ears.
- Able to be outdoors in all types of weather if needed.
- Able to work in confined spaces, smelly environments, and sometimes during high-stress events.
- Good physical agility: walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing, twisting, etc. Able to meet the physical demands of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed for the Position:
High school diploma or G.E.D. a plus.
Previous Work Experience:
Some experience using hand tools, power tools and general building repair, or various construction trades knowledge required.
English language knowledge required.
- Sick and Vacation days all start from first 60 days
- Medical, Dental and Vision at 60 days
- 401k + Match at 6 months
- Room and Restaurant Discounts