Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
This is the perfect opportunity for you If you enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment, have a keen sense of emotional intelligence, and exhibit good judgement and problem-solving skills. Swanson Rink is seeking to hire an HR Generalist who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for providing the highest level of service to our employees and managers.
Supports the organization through work in several areas of human resources, which may include coordinating employment activities, participating in offer negotiations, receiving and acting on employee complaints, administering employee records, ensuring compliance with labor laws and regulations, recommending and coordinating employee training activities, benefits and performance programs, and administers functional rules and procedures under management guidance.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Supports the organization in the following areas for assigned groups: employee relations, employee on-boarding/orientation, training and career development and recruiting.
2. Recruits, interviews, tests, and participates in the selection of employees to fill vacant positions; maintains applicant tracking to include status communication and up-to-date progress notes
3. Assists in developing recruitment programs to attract applicants and to fill specific job openings.
4. Conducts on-boarding activities and new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals and completes New Hire Checklist.
5. Conducts employee engagement meetings with new hires (typically at 30-day, 90-day and six-month intervals)
6. Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons for departure and processes separations using a Termination Checklist.
7. Assist Human Resources Manager in identifying legal requirements for state and local jurisdictions for employees in their group to help ensure compliant policies, procedures, and reporting.
8. Administers benefit programs, advises employees on eligibility for insurance and other benefits; maintains benefit records and processes benefits enrollments, changes and terminations as required.
9. Advises managers on policies, objectives and practices, and conducts training or provides guidance in the areas of interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, safety, motivation, and maintaining a positive, inclusive work environment.
10. Assists managers and supervisors in formulating career development plans and identifying training programs and other resources to support development activities.
11. Receives and acts on employee complaints; works with managers to address employee relations issues including conflict resolution and workplace investigations, and provides guidance and documentation related to disciplinary actions and terminations for cause.
12. Maintains confidential employment records and performs personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, status changes, pay changes and terminations.
13. Recommends modifications to existing policies/procedures to promote workforce efficiency or recommends and assists in the implementation of new policies, procedures and programs.
14. Works closely with other departments, such as accounting and information technology, providing clear and timely communication to ensure employment-related transactions are completed, such as hiring, status and other changes and terminations.
15. Fosters a collaborative culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, cooperation, accountability, and service.
Bachelor's Degree in human resources, Business, Organization Development, or related field, plus minimum 4 years of relevant HR experience. HR certification through SHRM, HRCI or other professional human resources certification institution is highly desirable.
• Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations and actively monitors various employment law updates
• Experience developing and maintaining affirmative action plans, and other federal contractor obligations, or a willingness and desire to become well-versed in this area of practice
• Must be able to multi-task, prioritize assignments, maintain confidential information, and work well with others
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong facilitation and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work independently
• Proficiency with basic office software such as MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
• Proficiency using human resources information system to maintain personnel data and run reports
Salary will be based on several factors including: experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity. The pay range and benefits offered for this position is expected to be: 60,000 - 70,000.
Health care benefits, company paid holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k)
EEO/AA – M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Employer